What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App Freezes

ladymindful

iPF Novice
Reaction score
i am noticing this more frequently. This mostly occurs in Kindle reading app and now in Word Scapes. I'm reading or playing when the app freezes. I have to exit the app and reopen for it to work properly. Any ideas?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello - when an app or several are misbehaving, I usually go through the steps below which may correct the situation - not sure which iOS is installed on your iPad Mini, i.e. some changes for 'Force Close' w/ the newest release (iOS 11 - check HERE if you have installed the latest version). Good luck and let us know if any of these maneuvers helps; if not, then other suggestions can be made. Dave :)

When an app (or several) are misbehaving, I usually go through the following steps:
1. Force Close - open the multi-tasking bar or ‘app switcher’ in iOS 11 (double tap the 'home buttom’) - find the offending app(s) - then press and drag to the top of the screen - return to the home screen & try again.
2. Restart - press & hold the 'Sleep/Awake' (a.k.a. power) button until a red slider appears (may take a few seconds) - move the slider to turn off the iPad; then press & hold the same button until the Apple logo appears - wait for a restart.
3. Reset - press & hold the 'Power' and 'Home' buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears (this may take 10 secs or so); release the buttons and the iPad will 're-boot' - NOTE that none of these maneuvers will alter your apps, files, or settings.

OP
ladymindful

ladymindful

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have version 10.3.3. I tried all your suggestions and none cured the problem. Any other suggestions anyone?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, make sure that you've done the 'Reset' as described, i.e. need to hold down both buttons for about 10+ secs until the Apple logo appears - this maneuver is often unsuccessful for some because the buttons are released prematurely - sorry, but not meant to be critical - I'm assuming that you have done the 'Reset' correctly.

Which iPad Mini model do you own (see below) - except for the original Mini, all can be upgraded to iOS 11, which may correct your issue(s) and likely download newer updates to the Kindle app. Finally, if you do not want to do an iOS upgrade, then the last suggestion for me would be to delete and reinstall the apps that are misbehaving; of course, may require getting all of your books back into the app. Dave :)

Screen Shot 2017-11-06 at 11.22.47 AM.png

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts