What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newsstand freeze

lspring

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I everyone,

Anyone experience an iPad freeze while trying to navigate out of the Newsstand app? When I try to get out of the Economist to other apps or e-mail, my iPad freezes, and I can't even force shut-down. It doesn't occur all the times, but enough to be irritating. I have to wait ca 5 minutes until Newsstand unfreezes. I must not bathe only one in this case. Any solutions?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just read my Economist subscription on its website. No prob.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I everyone,

Anyone experience an iPad freeze while trying to navigate out of the Newsstand app? When I try to get out of the Economist to other apps or e-mail, my iPad freezes, and I can't even force shut-down. It doesn't occur all the times, but enough to be irritating. I have to wait ca 5 minutes until Newsstand unfreezes. I must not bathe only one in this case. Any solutions?

Hi there--

Have you tried to do the following? Sometimes, it is best to completely close down all your apps to free up RAM. This may help reduce your incident here.

Do the first 2 steps first. Save step 3 as a last resort.
1. Force the app to close?
2. Try to restart your iPad?
3. Try to do a soft reset?

You can try this in order, if an app becomes funky.
Force the app to quit by pushing the home button twice to bring up your multi-task bar. This will show all the apps that you have visited. By long pressing the app in question, it will begin to jiggle-press the red circle with the negative sign on the app. It will only quit the app and not delete. Than try to re-open the app and test out.

If that doesn't work, restart the iPad by pressing the power switch down to power off.

Third is to do a soft reset by holding the power switch and home button together until you see the apple logo. Hope that helps!

OP
L

lspring

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Hi there--

Have you tried to do the following? Sometimes, it is best to completely close down all your apps to free up RAM. This may help reduce your incident here.

Do the first 2 steps first. Save step 3 as a last resort.
1. Force the app to close?
2. Try to restart your iPad?
3. Try to do a soft reset?

You can try this in order, if an app becomes funky.
Force the app to quit by pushing the home button twice to bring up your multi-task bar. This will show all the apps that you have visited. By long pressing the app in question, it will begin to jiggle-press the red circle with the negative sign on the app. It will only quit the app and not delete. Than try to re-open the app and test out.

If that doesn't work, restart the iPad by pressing the power switch down to power off.

Third is to do a soft reset by holding the power switch and home button together until you see the apple logo. Hope that helps!

Thanks for the tips. I was not aware of those

Most reactions

Latest posts