What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App for printing

jeffp_032056

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is anyone aware of an app that will let me print to printers on my network? I need an app that ideally will print straight from the iPad to the printer with no software loaded on a PC or Mac, such as the apps by Eurosmartz.

Thanks

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kentigern, i have a hp desk jet thats wireless wifi and its also hooked to my home network, its n network mode but not wifi mode, so if i buy the print central app would i be able to jus download on my laptop and since im using my wifi network signal on my ipad could i print by jus hitting print or is there more to it?

thanks!

recDNA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use PrintCentral.

But as I understand it if I open a PDF containing pics and text from SugarSync or an email attachment there is no way to print it in PrintCentral? PrintCentral only advertises that you can print web pages and emails and pics - not files like Word files or PDF's?

I ended up installing a download from Jaxov (http://jaxov.com/2010/11/how-to-enable-airprint-service-on-windows/#comment-8661) to utilize AirPrint. (I'm not vouching for the safety or privacy of this download. I just installed it.) It works fine on all types of files in SugarSync. The only problem is it uses printer sharing rather than direct wifi connect to printer so the host pc must be awake when I use it.

Now what I need is a Wake on Lan App so I can wakeup the PC when I want to print!

PS - I've noticed IPAD apps are much more likely to cost money and to cost more money than Android counterparts. I wonder why that is?

Last edited:

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
what is sugarsync? and is there anykinda app out there similar to like microsoft word but apple version that will print with using print central? sorry this is my first apple product

recDNA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SugarSync is a Cloud APP that allows you to share a folder (or several) from your computer to your IPAD. The advantage over Itunes is you don't have to actually store the files in your IPAD. To save space in the IPAD the files are in the cloud and you just look at files when you want them.

The other advantage is that all types of files can be sent to the Cloud then the IPAD so Word Files, Excel Files, JPEGS, PDF's are all together in one place. You can open any of them and print any of them but you cannot edit them.

To edit Word files or Excel files you need an app like Docs to Go. The Apple version is Pages but there is no reason to go with that unless you usually use a Mac that already has Pages.

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for that...I don't have a Mac I jus hav 2 Dell laptops so I'm prolly gonna want to get the pages app....jus have to cross the printing thing when I get there

dazeek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
anyone using print central have comcast? I am trying to configure the email settings and have them matched up to the ones on my laptop yet it keeps telling me wrong password - i know i have it correct

Most reactions

Latest posts