What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone used Office2 HD?

omro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you like it? Is it a worthy alternative to Pages/Numbers?

It's cheaper than either one and potentially offers some of the functionality of both.

Dr. Sue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased it in the middle of a meeting because I wanted to be able to edit a Google Docs document. It took me nearly a week of back and forth with customer support before I was able to get it set up correctly. Works great once you get it set up, but they make it VERY difficult to figure out how to set up. I have not used Pages or Numbers so can't compare.

OP
O

omro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased it in the middle of a meeting because I wanted to be able to edit a Google Docs document. It took me nearly a week of back and forth with customer support before I was able to get it set up correctly. Works great once you get it set up, but they make it VERY difficult to figure out how to set up. I have not used Pages or Numbers so can't compare.

Any chance you'd be willing to write a "how to"? That way others won't have to go through what you went through.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using Docs 2 Go now based on some recommendations from this forum ... so much so that I deleted my 30 bucks worth of wasted apps in Pages, Numbers, and Keynote.

imdakine1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So it sounds like docs 2 go works well? The 11.99 sale price seems pretty fair. I just got my iPad and never spent more than 4.99 for an iPod touch app so initially seeing this at 14.99 now 11.99 is still a bit of a shock.

Dr. Sue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Office2 HD Setup

This is what they eventually ask and sent me.
Have you actually created the Google Docs service in Office². You do this by running it up, pressing the Back button, pressing the Edit button, pressing Add Service, choosing the Google Docs service and then entering credentials, pressing Done and then Save.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So it sounds like docs 2 go works well? The 11.99 sale price seems pretty fair. I just got my iPad and never spent more than 4.99 for an iPod touch app so initially seeing this at 14.99 now 11.99 is still a bit of a shock.
Look at it this way....you paid at least 500 for your iPad and MS Office full is several hundred bucks on the desktop.

Most reactions