What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Documents to Go or Office2 HD

Chays

iPF Noob
Reaction score

PDADoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For my part, I find the Word component of Docs to Go to be very good, comparable to or better than competing products out there.

The Excel component is good but struggles to retain formatting on occasion.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What about Quick Office? Thats the priciest one but in most cases spending more gets you more. Ive heard mostly good things about it. Im very close to getting an Office-centric app but I dont want to make a $$$$ mistake.

PDADoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It may well be better, but after having spent $15 for Docs to Go, I'm not about to spend another $15 for an app that I might not even like. Which brings me to one of my major pet peeves about Apple: there is no demo software, so you can't try anything out until you buy it and then good luck getting a refund through their convoluted process.

Had anyone else done this, they would never have gotten away with it. But Apple users (as a whole) are zealots the likes of which no cult have ever seen, and if they didn't complain en masse, then nothing was going to happen.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PDADoc said:
It may well be better, but after having spent $15 for Docs to Go, I'm not about to spend another $15 for an app that I might not even like. Which brings me to one of my major pet peeves about Apple: there is no demo software, so you can't try anything out until you buy it and then good luck getting a refund through their convoluted process.

Had anyone else done this, they would never have gotten away with it. But Apple users (as a whole) are zealots the likes of which no cult have ever seen, and if they didn't complain en masse, then nothing was going to happen.

With all due respect, the software being discussed in this thread is not made by Apple so I can't understand why you think that it is Apple's fault that there isn't any trial software for these Apps.

The Archangel

PDADoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With all due respect, the software being discussed in this thread is not made by Apple so I can't understand why you think that it is Apple's fault that there isn't any trial software for these Apps.

The Archangel

I think you misunderstood the context in which my comment was made: yes, the software clearly isn't made by Apple. What I was trying to say is, after spending so much on one office suite for iOS, I'm reluctant to spend another $15 only to find out that it may not be what I need, or --worst case scenario-- be even worse than what I had to begin with. And with there being no way to demo it beforehand, it would be a waste of money.

I apologize if you were in some way offended by the remark, or took offense at my remark regarding Apple's policies. I will try to stay on-topic in the future. :)

Last edited:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PDADoc said:
I think you misunderstood the context in which my comment was made: yes, the software clearly isn't made by Apple. What I was trying to say is, after spending so much on one office suite for iOS, I'm reluctant to spend another $15 only to find out that it may not be what I need, or --worst case scenario-- be even worse than what I had to begin with. And with there being no way to demo it beforehand, it would be a waste of money.

I apologize if you were in some way offended by the remark, or took offense at my remark regarding Apple's policies. :)

I take no offence at all and we are in no way affiliated with Apple but I did not misunderstand your statement either. There is no policy from Apple which prohibits developers from releasing free versions of their own software. In addition, there are many threads here where people have received refunds without a great deal of effort.....search is your friend if you want to read them.

The Archangel

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've never had a problem with refunds, ever! They are very good, to me, anyway! As long as you have the receipt number and explain why it doesn't suit your needs, they refund no problem. Have you had a problem yourself?

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
I've never had a problem with refunds, ever! They are very good, to me, anyway! As long as you have the receipt umber and explain why it doesn't suit your needs, they refund no problem. Have you had a problem yourself?

Thanks for clarifying that Haley.

The Archangel

retexan599

iPF Noob
Reaction score
s2mikey said:
What about Quick Office? Thats the priciest one but in most cases spending more gets you more. Ive heard mostly good things about it. Im very close to getting an Office-centric app but I dont want to make a $$$$ mistake.

I am using Quickoffice and like it a lot. It works with .docx files from MS Word and has direct Dropbox connectivity which I wanted.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

PDADoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
I've never had a problem with refunds, ever! They are very good, to me, anyway! As long as you have the receipt number and explain why it doesn't suit your needs, they refund no problem. Have you had a problem yourself?

Yes, I have, a couple of times in the past. Whenever I've requested refunds and supplied the requisite receipts and such, I was referred to their terms and conditions regarding no refunds.

Obviously this is an anecdotal issue, and I'm getting shouted down on this so I'll leave it be. :)

Most reactions