What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

anyone trade the mini for the ipad 4 and regret it?

Devynquinn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have both and never use the mini. The ipad 4 is just perfect for what I want to do.

runningbear29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well you will love it, both are great. The fullsized one is much heavier (I'm on my iPhone right now with my 3rd gen iPad sits against my leg with the smart cover closed) because sometimes comfort wins, yet sometimes that big retina display is what decides it.

There are many good small iPad stands, I have both a rocketfish and the one that came with the Logitech key board. I like the Logitech one the best.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well I exchanged it and now in the process of transferring data from a backup. I'm happy with the exchange, the text is
Crisp and def easier on my eyes. It seems ever so slightly faster and the bigger size actually makes it easier to type like a physical keyboard.

Congrats!
Enjoy the huge screen! ;)

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
buerkletucson said:
.76lbs heavier...........not a big deal at all IMHO. :eek:

I sit up in bed holding it out to read and (for me) that little bit sure seems a lot more after a while. :)

Scottysize

iPF Novice
Reaction score
7" is too small for me for every day use. I carry the iPad 4 around with me everywhere and really don't mind the larger size.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Time to hit the gym? I can hold this thing one handed for reading all day....

I am not weak at all. And I'll believe you can hold it all day one-handed when it see it. :)

ShortBus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not weak at all. And I'll believe you can hold it all day one-handed when it see it. :)

Not sure how ure holding it but resting on my forearm with my fingers wrapped over the top.. I can read for hours on end.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not sure how ure holding it but resting on my forearm with my fingers wrapped over the top.. I can read for hours on end.

I see. Yes, I could do that too...but my usage model is holding it in my hands...I like to hold it in one hand about a foot from my face...and I use the other to press links or such. Or, I could it on two hands while typing on the split keyboard. I have progressive lens in my glasses...so if I hold it in my lap, then i have to constantly find the right angle to view the screen. If I hold it closer, I can look over the tops of my glasses. Problem of being near-sighted.

Also, playing games on the iPad is much easier on the mini than the big one...just because I can hold the smaller one for longer periods of time.

OP
C

Callihan_44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update: I have both now lol, I'm sure I'm driving best buy crazy. My wife complained about the weight of the 4 and said she missed the mini so I repurchased the mini. I'm must confess I like both equally, it was a hard choice that drove me insane but now time to enjoy them both!

Most reactions