What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad4 or ipad mini

rahulsavla78

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I'm about to buy an ipad but am confused between ipad mini & ipad4. I'll use it primarily to read magazines and books, browse internet. Secondarily to watch videos, little word & excel work. The portability of the mini appeals me, but since I'll use it for mainly for magazines & browsing I'm having second thoughts that there would be a lot of zooming required for these because of the screen size (I can read pretty small texts on newspapers easily). I am hesitant to buy the ipad4 because of the heavier weight. Cost isn't an issue. Please help.

Rahul

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have an iPad 3 and my wife has a Mini. I like the larger size of my screen, but I also love the light weight of the Mini. I think you'll need to try both in person at a store to decide which is best for you. It may depend on your vision: if you can browse on the Mini without zooming, you may like it best. A new Mini with higher resolution is probably imminent.

This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I look at the full-size iPad or the Mini as a question of portability. I rarely, if ever, take the iPad out of the house (and I never carry a purse). So, for me, it was an easy decision to go as large as I can, because it is either on my desk or propped up in my lap at home. On the rare occasions when I do take the iPad out, I have a case for it that has a carrying handle.

However, my sister, a purse-carrying individual, prefers the Mini because it does fit easily in her purse and she can (and does!) take it everywhere. So, she thinks the Mini is the best for her. Yes, she'd like the retina screen of the larger iPad but again, for her as for me - it's all about portability.

Good luck in your decision. IMNSHO, you'll really like whichever iPad you get. :)

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts