What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone have trouble with the Apple dock?

rmcsteve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having a lot of trouble with the Apple iPad dock. I'm on my second one now with the same problem; my iPad fails to sync to iTunes (and iTunes throws up errors) when using it. I've tried both the sync cable included and the one from my iPhone. I've also tried every USB port on my machine too without luck. Finally last night I tried to connect it on my girlfriends laptop and also got the same errors too.

This morning I did a restore on the iPad with clean settings and no apps and still got the errors, therefore it must either be a bad batch of docks, or the port on my iPad is bad. I'm going to make a genius appointment but I'm curious to know if I'm alone here. I hate to give up on it because the iPad looks too cool sitting in it on my desk when not is use. :)

sch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had one issue with the keyboard dock where it put up a message saying (paraphrased) "This accessory not supported", but when I reseated it, it worked again. I think the docking connector is one of the weakest links of this device. It is not too bad on an iPhone-sized device, but on something the size of the iPad, I think it's going to be an ongoing source of problems for Apple and its' users.

OP
R

rmcsteve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Problem solved.

Thanks, sch. The problem has been solved, kind of... The apple store exchanged it (my third one) and it works, only on the rear USB jacks however, the front ones still cause the same errors. Either way, I'm happy because i can keep the dock!

Most reactions

Latest posts