What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad HDMI dock review

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad dock review
Hello everybody, I have decided to write another review regarding a new docking station I got. I'm sure you will all enjoy reading it's features. It seems not all models of iPad are supported yet according to the instructions but it does work on my iPad 2 and when I got it the iPad 3 had only just been released but it was not in the manual so it may be with newer models. (so check before you order but it should be ok)

Hdmi docking station
This 4 in 1 HDMI Digital AV Docking for iPhone/iPod/iPad (White) is worthy of buying! It is made of the highest quality cells, it has safety, reliability and efficiency. Good choice for you!
Features
Watch ipad / iphone slideshows or movies on TV
Powered by ipad / iphone without external power supply
USB port for charging and synchronize while playing
HDMI 1.3a compliant transmitter support up to 1080p
Specifications
Mirroring Function Mirroring everything from ipad2 to HD TV
HDMI- Transmit the HD signal from ipad / iphone 4 / 4S / ipod touch 4G to HD TV
Remote Controller Play / pause, previous / next, back / confirm etc
Charging
Connect apple original adaptor with this dock, it will charge your iphone while playing HD movies. Include iphone 1g, 2g, 3g, 4g, ipad, ipod touch 1g, 2g, 3g, 4g, there is a button on the top to shut on / off
USB Interface- Connect with digital camera, USB keyboard, USB speaker, USB earphone
Size- 9.6 x 7.3 x 3.5cm / 3.78" x 2.87" x 1.38" (L x W x H)
USB Cable Length - 39.37" / 100cm
Color- White

Package Includes
1 x 4 in 1 HDMI Digital AV Docking for iPhone/iPod/iPad White
1 x Remote Control
1 x USB Cable

Pros
It just works a treat, especially with YouTube via the safari browser the video quality is great.
Great when using your USB keyboard and typing long documents.
Can use USB memory stick and digital camera via USB sockets on the side.
The games all work on the big screen and the sound too!
Remote control for your music and video.
Makes sideshows easy to watch without huddling round an iPad screen.

Cons
In order to watch it in landscape I had to tilt it on its side to make it go landscape and then lock it in landscape then the tv played it in full screen.
It did not come with an hdmi lead to plug the station into the tv but I had many of these laying around anyway (however it did come with the AV cables so it still works out of the box)
Full functionality of the remote is only for some models but it works great with my iPod touch, the signal is a bit weak on it though I had to be quite close for it to work but that could have been down to a weak battery?

So all round it's a great docking station which gives you the HDMI capabilities and power together, whilst using the two USB sockets on the side for keyboards and speakers etc you also get a neat little remote to control your music.
I bought this from <Edited by Moderator> and it was 35% off so great value for just £22.97 with free shipping too.

Attachments

• image-919219658.jpg
    image-919219658.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 309
  • image-3021586435.jpg
    image-3021586435.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 434
  • image-111102266.jpg
    image-111102266.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 319
  • image-3411709698.jpg
    image-3411709698.jpg