What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone else have poor wifi reception?

pego99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 64g wifi unit and the wifi signal drops off very quickly and varies a lot. I have a negear n wireless router a couple of rooms away my laptops have no problem locking onto a signal but the iPad shows a dot to full signal over tome when I am not moving. Also when at mcdonalds it has difficulty locking onto the AT&T signal.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I have a 64g wifi unit and the wifi signal drops off very quickly and varies a lot. I have a negear n wireless router a couple of rooms away my laptops have no problem locking onto a signal but the iPad shows a dot to full signal over tome when I am not moving. Also when at mcdonalds it has difficulty locking onto the AT&T signal.

Have you connected the ipad to itunes and updated it to firmware 3.2.1?
This new update is supposed to fixe wifi issues.

OP
P

pego99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks but will this update affect that my ipad is jailbroken and has cydia and appsync for 3.2?

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks but will this update affect that my ipad is jailbroken and has cydia and appsync for 3.2?

This is what is wrong with the idiots who jailbreak and then ask questions about something that doesn't work!

Apple doesn't have to support these customers either!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ronanb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wi-fi worse after update

I updated to 3.2.1 and now I have more trouble connecting with my home network. I have to keep renewing the lease so that it picks up the settings, but it drops them almost immediately. I have to do it several times before it sticks. I didn't have this problem before.

After sending this post, I shut off my iPad. I couldn't get back on line no matter what I did. I tried using my phone as a hot spot and had no problem. So I turned my router off then on, and it seems to be working ok now.

Last edited:
OP
P

pego99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Be careful with this as I updated my other ipad and the wifi is not improved in the least. I think 3.2.1 is a jailbreak killer. I did find that increasing the brightness improves the signal reception. Sounds crazy but it works. There some you tube videos that show this.

Most reactions

Latest posts