What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WiFi reception

martin.henry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone, my fist post.

I have an iPad mod MC984LL/A 64GB op system 7.04. its about 2.5 years old.

The WiFi reseption is very poor, at home i have to be very close to thr router and tragicly it does not work at all in the pub. It worked well in all locations up to about a year ago then stopped.

All my other devices work perfectly with an exelent signal level (iphones and laptops).

Thanks for reading, hope someone can help.

Martin UK

navneetsinha999

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A WiFi reception or signal accelerator is an external device that connects to an existing network and amplifies the WiFi signal to obtain better reception at a longer distance from the base unit.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Martin and welcome to the Forum!

Seems very strange that while it works at home albeit very badly that it doesn't work at the pub at all (very tragic).

Do you perform any type of maintenance on your iPad? Eg, close apps regularly, a restart occasionally and a reset should something go wrong and those first 2 steps don't rectify a problem?

So try a reset of your pad and see if this makes a difference.
In case you don't know how, and I apologise if you do.
Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you may see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start.

Try this and then see if your wifi is better, if not, let us know and we will see what else we can do.

In the meantime, I've moved your thread to our Help Section where you will receive a better response.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have an iPad mod MC984LL/A 64GB op system 7.04. its about 2.5 years old.

The WiFi reseption is very poor, at home i have to be very close to thr router and tragicly it does not work at all in the pub. It worked well in all locations up to about a year ago then stopped.

All my other devices work perfectly with an exelent signal level (iphones and laptops).

Hi Martin - agree w/ Leelai - boy, not working @ the pub (now you didn't pour a pint on it? 'Smiley' - emoticons don't seem to be working anymore?)

But, if the 'Reset' does not help, I would have also suggested that you 'power recycle' your home equipment, but then the non-function @ the pub seems to exclude that option of being much help; however, at home you might want to pull the power on your modem & router, wait a little, and replug the modem first and then the router.

If not successful, you can go into Settings > Wi-Fi - open each network that is an issue and choose 'Forget this Network', then try to setup the networks again. If that does not help, then go into Settings > General > Reset Network Settings. Let me stop there and please post back your results - good luck. Dave

Most reactions

Latest posts