What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD wifi failing

pdrisc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I am newbie to the forum.

I am experiencing a problem with my IPAD 2 that was bought in April 2011. The wifi reception performance has dropped in the last 2 weeks to the point that unless I am within 10 feet of a wifi router with direct line of sight the signal strength drops like a stone from 3 bars. Even sitting in the next room i am unable to get a signal. All the forums that I have searched only deal with wifi failing completely so have not been of any help. Both the router and ipad have been restarted in line with suggested solutions i have seen on the internet.

I have tested it on other networks including the Apple store in Cardiff with exactly the same effect. The latest software has been installed again but with no improvement. I have also tested the wifi networks that i have access to with other ipads lent to me by friends. Both show no drop in reception on those items.

It was bought in John Lewis but before they started offering the 2 year warranty in July 2011 so it is now outside of it. I am going to try and twist their arm tonight to extend it for me but am not hopeful.

If that is the case it looks like I have 2 options

1. Take the Apple replacement service for failed items outside of warranty but this will cost £199.

2. Look at getting it repaired by a 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] party but I have no experience of this so are they any good.

Has anyone found a similar problem with their ipad and has found a solution or can anyone recommend a company that could repair it?

Look forward to your help.

Most reactions