What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any working Cydia Terminal Apps

dragon499

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The Iphone free Mobile Terminal Cydia app does not work. Google searches show people have been complaining for a while. I don't mind paying for something if it works.

OP
D

dragon499

iPF Novice
Reaction score
never mind - I put jailbreak.com directory is downloading packages noow

OP
D

dragon499

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I added the source, but searching for terminal still only beings up the non workign mobile terminal. Nothing form the new source

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought you could download the .deb package from Google Code and then run it using iFile.

Sent from my jailbroken K48.

Rushh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a ssh terminal app on the appstore which works well

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using OpenSSH combined with Prompt from the regular app store! It's made by Panic so it's incredibly beautiful. Also a universal app. Just enter 127.0.0.1 and your user info and your into root. I got the idea from the iDownload blog.

OP
D

dragon499

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Guthrien's Post is a great Idea. I am using Putty from my pc to ssh to the Ipad, as I have Cydia Openssh running. I found the binary directories and can run some stuff. As an example, I can respring it with the ./respring command, while in the directory containing the respring directory. There are also ftp binaries and other unix unitls. I'm going to try and find compatible binaries that are missing and copy them over, if necessary installing them. If I am in front of my pc, using the real keyboard is easier. If I don't have that option I could use the local ssh client.

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
guthrien said:
I'm using OpenSSH combined with Prompt from the regular app store! It's made by Panic so it's incredibly beautiful. Also a universal app. Just enter 127.0.0.1 and your user info and your into root. I got the idea from the iDownload blog.

127.0.0.1 is your IP address, it won't works for anyone's iPad except yours. I suggest either try typing local or the IP address in Settings. (I have blocked mine in the picture).

Attachments

• image-304114763.png
    image-304114763.png
    329.7 KB · Views: 384

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why does everyone hide their SSID?
I understand hiding your IP, but no one can to anything with your SSID unless you have a hidden network.

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
graywolf said:
Why does everyone hide their SSID?
I understand hiding your IP, but no one can to anything with your SSID unless you have a hidden network.

I actually have no idea what it is so I've just decided to block out everything.

Most reactions

Latest posts