What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any hope of a 3g adapter.

woofWoof

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Heyhi all- does anyone think or know of a 3G adapter to be available for our "old" non-3G iPads?

Easrthdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
3G

I doubt one will come. In my case I tether to my jailbroken iPhone and it works great...

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Heyhi all- does anyone think or know of a 3G adapter to be available for our "old" non-3G iPads?

You don't really need an adapter you can either tether to your cell phone or get one of those portable hot spot devices.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score

My wife and I love our Sprint 3G/4G Overdrive... If you are a two iPad family, this is the only way to go.... We love the option to connect our laptops as well.. a Huge added bonus... I have not had one problem connecting into the 3G network network yet, and had a chance to connect into Sprints 4G in Portland last week.. I cant even tell you how fast 4G is.. It makes my broadband almost look sic....

Takenover83

iPF Noob
Reaction score

My wife and I love our Sprint 3G/4G Overdrive... If you are a two iPad family, this is the only way to go.... We love the option to connect our laptops as well.. a Huge added bonus... I have not had one problem connecting into the 3G network network yet, and had a chance to connect into Sprints 4G in Portland last week.. I cant even tell you how fast 4G is.. It makes my broadband almost look sic....

Only downside is if you had to sign a 2-year contract. ATT can be canceled at any time.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Only downside is if you had to sign a 2-year contract. ATT can be canceled at any time.

I dont recall saying i signed a 2-year contract.. did i accidentally write that.. I dont think so.. I actually picked up a new 3G/4G Overdrive for $50 to my door.. No Contract... Come and go as i please but i dont see that happening anytime soon. BTW- you should be able to pick up the Overdrives for $50-75 bucks, no contracts on eBay.. just keep your eyes out..

Last edited:

Takenover83

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I dont recall saying i signed a 2-year contract.. did i accidentally write that.. I dont think so.. I actually picked up a new 3G/4G Overdrive for $50 to my door.. No Contract... Come and go as i please but i dont see that happening anytime soon. BTW- you should be able to pick up the Overdrives for $50-75 bucks, no contracts on eBay.. just keep your eyes out..
And I did not say you did. I said "if", meaning I was unsure if you had or had not. I also am unsure if a 2-year contract is required to use the service. You go to Sprint's website, and you see "Requires new line or eligible
upgrade
with a 2-yr contract".

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score

And I did not say you did. I said "if", meaning I was unsure if you had or had not. I also am unsure if a 2-year contract is required to use the service. You go to Sprint's website, and you see "Requires new
line or
eligible with a 2-yr contract".

Yup your right my apology;)... I'm an existing customer with Sprint which may have something to do with non-contract requirement. They added my 3G to my existing account which expires this Sept. I just checked my account to make sure they didn't do anything sneaky and it appears they didn't, my account still shows our contract expiring Sept 2010. I would have signed for a two year anyway because both my wife and I will depend on the 3G. We both had the data service on each of our phones and tethered our laptops for two years. We droped that serrvice and saved $30 a month, so we actually increased our monthly by $30. In our situation we would have both sprung for the unlimited 3G. Doing it this way was a break even for us. If you end up with two 3G accounts it makes a lot of sense to consider the 3G/4G MiFi simply because of versatalty. ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts