What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any decent app to manage albums/folders?

Rambler358

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I've had my 1st Apple device, an iPad 2 since launch day. It seems Apple doesn't give you much flexibility in managing Albums directly from the device - you have to create your albums/folders on your PC then sync them over to the iPad via iTunes. :(

Is there an app or utility that will let you create albums on the iPad and move photos and such between the albums without have to sync?

pastan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rambler358 said:
So I've had my 1st Apple device, an iPad 2 since launch day. It seems Apple doesn't give you much flexibility in managing Albums directly from the device - you have to create your albums/folders on your PC then sync them over to the iPad via iTunes. :(

Is there an app or utility that will let you create albums on the iPad and move photos and such between the albums without have to sync?

So far dont know any, let me know if anyone has an app for that

Blackhart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been using (stash) it's the most like the album app but gives you more choices just be carefull with any album app pictures stored in it WILL BE LOST if the app gets deleted

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Take a look at Photo Manager Pro.

You can move photos all around, create folders, sort, rename (folders and photos), transfer between Photos app, send/get from Dropbox, send to/from your PC, make slideshows, etc. All this without having to deal with iTunes.

It where I keep all my photos and I couldn't be happier with it. Of course, and as always, YMMV.

Marilyn

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:

You can move photos all around, create folders, sort, rename (folders and photos), transfer between Photos app, send/get from Dropbox, send to/from your PC, make slideshows, etc. All this without having to deal with iTunes.

It where I keep all my photos and I couldn't be happier with it. Of course, and as always, YMMV.

Marilyn

Marilyn, I went through all the settings, export options, etc and can't find the option to use Dropbox. Where did you find it? I see the peer and PC transfer but I do like Dropbox. I had forgotten I had this installed until you mentioned it LOL. I tend to use Collections and Photosort but will give this a better chance.

Diane

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Marilyn, I went through all the settings, export options, etc and can't find the option to use Dropbox. Where did you find it? I see the peer and PC transfer but I do like Dropbox. I had forgotten I had this installed until you mentioned it LOL. I tend to use Collections and Photosort but will give this a better chance.

Diane

My apologies, Diane. I forgot that it was a workaround (you have to use a PC) to get photos from Dropbox. Please see my posts in this thread (#6 & #8) to see what I did.

Sorry for the confusion.

Marilyn

OP
Rambler358

Rambler358

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:

Thanks. Can the Photos app see folders that Photo Manager Pro creates?

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, no. Although Photo Manager Pro can see the Photo app photos (both to save to and to open from) - Photos can't do the same.

Actually, I can't think of an app that Photos can see/use (other than the default Mail one)....

Marilyn

Most reactions