What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any apps for assigning the home button a task...

samsberr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to assign the home button to be the back button while
In a browser app...
Has anyone heard of an app to do this?

Just a thought...
Would be handy.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can change it to control the iPod, Home, or Search instead in general settings (on double click only though). There is a jailbroke app that allows you to assign further gestures to it I think, but I can't remember what it's called. I don't think it gets that specific though, like "when in a browser, do this".

If pressing the home button while in Safari made it go back a page, how would you ever get out of Safari? :D

iTazm0n

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can change it to control the iPod, Home, or Search instead in general settings (on double click only though). There is a jailbroke app that allows you to assign further gestures to it I think, but I can't remember what it's called. I don't think it gets that specific though, like "when in a browser, do this".

If pressing the home button while in Safari made it go back a page, how would you ever get out of Safari? :D
There are a couple in jailbreak but the only one I'm using with my iPad is called Activator. It's not specific to the home button- you can assign app launches and other actions to all the buttons (home, sleep and volume up/down) as well as gestures, like swipe from bottom of the screen, pinching and spreading the screen and tapping or swiping the status bar. Each activation has several different modes, like tap, tap hold and double tap. There are also settings for the three types of screen modes- i.e. Global, Lock Screen, Home (main screen with all you icaon- also called the Sprinboard) and within an app.

It might sound complicated because of all the customizations, but the menu is laid out very simply. It just might take a little experimentation to figure out what combination makes sense.

Best of all it's free!

OP
S

samsberr

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Well for one, you could dbl. Poke it or maybe just hold it down for a short time like a setting in BACKGROUNDER.

OP
S

samsberr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the input fellers...
Can't thank ya enough...

Most reactions

Latest posts