What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anti-Virus For ipad, Really Necessary?

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is no reason for a non jail broken iPad to run anti virus software. It's highly unlikely that anyone will be able to sneak a virus past apple App screeners.

I would also expect iOS 5 to be able to auto remove an App just like it would auto install an App if Apple were to discover a virus or malware App snuck through...

-t

disclamatory

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guaranteed?

Interesting words used here..."absolutely" etc.
As a reasonably new and happy iPad2 user, I hope you are right. I synch it to a PC which runs significant financial software and would not be without protection on that machine.
Taking original, non jb-ed status as a given, is there any suggestion that Apple would guarantee immunity from malware?
This is a genuine query.
I also look forward to iOS 5 eagerly. Is there any potential for a guarantee there?

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Moosedude said:
One HUGE problem with the large majority of Apple owners is arrogance that their stuff is 100% safe... They are the best targets :-D

This conclusion makes totally no sense whatsoever.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
disclamatory said:
Interesting words used here..."absolutely" etc.
As a reasonably new and happy iPad2 user, I hope you are right. I synch it to a PC which runs significant financial software and would not be without protection on that machine.
Taking original, non jb-ed status as a given, is there any suggestion that Apple would guarantee immunity from malware?
This is a genuine query.
I also look forward to iOS 5 eagerly. Is there any potential for a guarantee there?

Nobody would guarantee immunity from malware.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts