What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Case thread !

rwilts

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know there are plenty on here but tomorrow is the day:D UK pre order...

What i am after is a case similar in style to the official Ipad case that will accept an Ipad in a Gel Skin (as sold by a supplier here).

I like the apple case for protection and travel but would prefer to use the Ipad without it but in the skin.

I know the Apple case wont do this so does anyone know of another option before i drop the dime as you Americans say tomorrow?

Ta

OP
R

rwilts

iPF Noob
Reaction score
O

Having done some research i find that Drop a Dime means

To snitch on someone. Often, to save their own ass. Comes from the old cost for a payphone call, ten cents.

So not what i had in mind at all!!

Off for some Tea and Cucumber sandwiches...

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I got my iPad 3G on launch day and have still not been able to locate a leather case for it that flips open and can be used while still inside the case.

Petty much all ipad cases have been sold out here where I am. For now im using a $9 Microsoft Netbook case that has good padding just for when im carrying it around.

thewizardofaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will we have to use the iPad outside the case? I'd think heat buildup will be an issue if we don't. Hopefully there will be no overheating like when the Macbook was new. I had it repaired twice, two keyboards and two mother boards, two fans and no cooling paste. I better not jinx it.

OP
R

rwilts

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Went for the Apple case today with pre order. Another £25 on top of £600 seemed a no brainer:eek:

cimousa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.cimousa.com
Check out our thread in the 'Cimo Technologies' section of the forum. We also have another Pink Leather Case. Check them out!

I got my iPad 3G on launch day and have still not been able to locate a leather case for it that flips open and can be used while still inside the case.

Petty much all ipad cases have been sold out here where I am. For now im using a $9 Microsoft Netbook case that has good padding just for when im carrying it around.

write-stuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.richarddawkins.net
Plenty of cases for carrying the thing around. What I want is one that makes it easier to hold while I watch movies. My arm and neck are getting really tired!

dafuser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
granburywx.net
Plenty of cases for carrying the thing around. What I want is one that makes it easier to hold while I watch movies. My arm and neck are getting really tired!
I ordered a HardCandy Street Skin for my iPad last week.

Hard Candy Cases - iPad Cases - Street Skin

It was delivered today and I'm very happy with it. It has a good textured back which makes it very easy to hold, it's not at all slippery like a naked iPad.
It has a removable screen protector for use when you're not using your iPad.

You can remove the screen protector and put it on the back of the iPad where it can be snapped onto the back of the case when you're using your iPad. At home I just leave the screen protector off and in my office.

I like it better then the Apple case which I also have. The Apple case seems to be a dirt /dust magnet.

zman

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Hard Candy Cases - iPad Cases - Street Skin

It was delivered today and I'm very happy with it. It has a good textured back which makes it very easy to hold, it's not at all slippery like a naked iPad.

You can remove the screen protector and put it on the back of the iPad where it can be snapped onto the back of the case when you're using your iPad. At home I just leave the screen protector off and in my office.

I like it better then the Apple case which I also have. The Apple case seems to be a dirt /dust magnet.

yhst-12507765640553_2102_5241058

I like it :)

Do you have a picture of the removable screen protector? Also, how thick does the iPad get when this is installed? 1.5x? Double?

dafuser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
granburywx.net

Do you have a picture of the removable screen protector? Also, how thick does the iPad get when this is installed? 1.5x? Double?

The iPad is only a little thicker then it is without a case, the cover is very thin, you can see thru it. It's designed to hook tot he corners of the case and sits flush with the case when installed

hardcandy3.jpg

Here's the case with the cover next to it, you can see thru the cover because it's very thin

hardcandy1.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts