What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Case thread !

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just received the Mareware Eco-View case yesterday. I wanted something that worked like the Apple case but not as flimsy. So far I like it a lot. My iPad fits well and the case appears sturdy and sound. The typing stand is very good with no issues.

The only concern I have is that the flap that tucks the unit into the case looks like it could come out if you turn the unit upside down and shake - although I haven't tested. I might put some very thin velcro on the back of the tab for support.

When I first bought my iPad I thought I would only want to carry / hold it without any major case - perhaps just a skin. But I think I'm re-thinking that preference as I actually like the extra book-like bulk of this case. It does appear to do a good job protecting the screen - which is good since I've decided against a screen protector.

media.nl

media.nl
media.nl

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will we have to use the iPad outside the case? I'd think heat buildup will be an issue if we don't. Hopefully there will be no overheating like when the Macbook was new. I had it repaired twice, two keyboards and two mother boards, two fans and no cooling paste. I better not jinx it.

My 3G came out of the box and immediately into the apple case on 4/30 launch day and hasn't been taken out since. Absolutely no heating issues at all. I don't know how apple did it but it runs for hours in the case and it doesn't even feel warm.

Last edited:

largefarva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll have to second everything David said about the Eco Vue from Marware. I've had mine for a week or two, and couldn't be happier with it.

Btw I just did the shake test....and yeah the little leather flap won't hold your iPad in if shaken. The Velcro idea is a good idea. I'll have to pick some up tomorrow.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll have to second everything David said about the Eco Vue from Marware. I've had mine for a week or two, and couldn't be happier with it.

Btw I just did the shake test....and yeah the little leather flap won't hold your iPad in if shaken. The Velcro idea is a good idea. I'll have to pick some up tomorrow.

I think I have a solution. I tried the velcro - slide both sides of a velcro connection behind the top of the unit - it made it stick out too far - I'm afraid it might cause some damage. So I thought about putting some Velcro at the bottom - cut thin 1/4" strips. Then it hit me - I pulled out a roll of Scotch double sided tape - drew a 1 1/2 inch strip and attached it to the side of the strap that sits against the back of my iPad. Passes the upside down shake test and feels quite firm.

The way I figure it - I took my iPad out of my Apple case about once every 3 days to do a complete screen cleaning - when I do the same for the Mareware case, if I need a new piece of tape I'll get one.

If anyone figures out a better solution let us know
cool.gif

largefarva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I actually went to Michaels today and picked up some Velcro brand industrial strength Velcro and it's working pretty good so far. Since the iPad is curved as it gets closer to the edges, I cut a small square and put installed it more towards the edge. The added thickness is pretty minimal, but it sure holds that leather flap in place like a champ. :)

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I actually went to Michaels today and picked up some Velcro brand industrial strength Velcro and it's working pretty good so far. Since the iPad is curved as it gets closer to the edges, I cut a small square and put installed it more towards the edge. The added thickness is pretty minimal, but it sure holds that leather flap in place like a champ. :)

With securing the flap and using the elastic strap this seems to be one really nice case.

Now if they would only find a way to put some arrow keys on the damned keyboard. :eek:

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I was out of town for 4 days - brought the Marware case with me. Worked just fine. I also picked up a Belkin rubberized case as well - really like it - but feel a little insecure in that I may drop the unit.

Came back home, goofing around I put my old Apple case back on it - and I realized that I like the Apple case the best. It provides the protection that I need but my iPad still feels like an iPad and not a big leather case. The fit into the Apple case is quit snug and secure unlike the Mareware.

I know this is going to drive me crazy. I'm going to keep looking and keep spending and keep going back to the Apple case. If Apple were to make some of their stock cases in other colors - that might be a game winner.

mcshirey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I must ask, why would you turn it upside down and shake it? Do we REALLY need to protect against such an action?

Most reactions

Latest posts