What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

an issue after Ipad 4.2.1 jailbroken

Raef

iPF Noob
Reaction score
good day everyone,

i have my Ipad 3G+wifi 64GB 4.2.1 jailbroken after that my SIM Card not working..

it keeps searching for network then it gives No Service

plz advise..

OP
R

Raef

iPF Noob
Reaction score
124 views and no one response :S

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
AFAIK the Jailbreak process does not interfere with the 3G wireless or baseband of your iPad in any way. I don't know what your problem may be, but would suggest a full restore and start from there.

tidus10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you dl SBSettings? If so dl that in Cydia, swipe across the status bar(top bar that shows battery and whatnot) and make sure the edge AND 3G are turned on. It happens on my iPhone sometimes that it magically gets shut off.

OP
R

Raef

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i was told that greenp0ison doesnt support Ipad 3G 4.2.1, is that right???

sfarringto1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's working for me. I don't use the 3G part since I found mywi but I am JB with it and working fine.

TmacD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you dl SBSettings? If so dl that in Cydia, swipe across the status bar(top bar that shows battery and whatnot) and make sure the edge AND 3G are turned on. It happens on my iPhone sometimes that it magically gets shut off.

I actually have the same problem, no 3G signal after JB 4.2, installed SB setting, 3G icon is showing green but no service...
Is it neccesary really necessary to do restore and another JB

Thanks

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

No, that is not right. Whoever told you is wrong. There is nothing in the jailbreak code which in any way interferes with the 3G wireless, or baseband. Jailbreaking has noting to do with wireless communications. It doesn't need to touch them and there is no fundamental difference in jailbreaking a device without 3G such as an iPod Touch or iPad WiFi, and a device with 3G such as an iPhone.

The only things which can possibly interfere with these are applications which are installed from Cydia after a device is jailbroken, even then I don't know if anything that breaks 3G service permanently or which a reboot doesn't resolve.

That is not to say that something has not gone wrong in the OPs situation. But this is most likely a one-off anomaly which will be resolved by restoring and re-jailbreaking.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

No, that is not right. Whoever told you is wrong. There is nothing in the jailbreak code which in any way interferes with the 3G wireless, or baseband. Jailbreaking has noting to do with wireless communications. It doesn't need to touch them and there is no fundamental difference in jailbreaking a device without 3G such as an iPod Touch or iPad WiFi, and a device with 3G such as an iPhone.

The only things which can possibly interfere with these are applications which are installed from Cydia after a device is jailbroken, even then I don't know if anything that breaks 3G service permanently or which a reboot doesn't resolve.

That is not to say that something has not gone wrong in the OPs situation. But this is most likely a one-off anomaly which will be resolved by restoring and re-jailbreaking.

Hope that helps.

Helped me!! Very informative as usual ~ going into my notes.:D

TmacD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:

Hope that helps.

YUP, restore and a new JB and now I am back to normal receipt.
Thanks guys

swamzi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also, after restoring, I get the following message and "no service" again:

"waiting for activation"

Any thoughts?

Most reactions

Latest posts