What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jailbroken ipad 3.2.1 spirit to 4.2.1 greenpois0n successful?

swamzi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a jailbroken 3.2.1 ipad using spirit. I want to upgrade to 4.2.1 and use greenpois0n RC5.

Will I lose my data/applications? what would the correct steps be? I think the steps should be the following, pleaese comment

1. Connect to ITunes and backup/sync
2. Upgrade to 4.2.1 using ITunes
3. Perform greenpois0n jailbreak

Will my appz still be present after the jailbreak?

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know i had rc5 and double jailbroke it with newer version rc6 and wrked fine. Didnt loose anything, or previous jailbreak apps already instored. I know they said u could do it with rc6 over rc5, so it might just work. Just back up ur files n try. As long as ur info is bcked up, u good BUT backing up thru itunes doesnt back up jailbreak stuff. Go to cydia and theres a way to back up ur stuff thru there by loggin on to facebook or google. Dont remember details exactly. Plus rc6 is latest jailbreak version ;-)

Most reactions