What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amazon Takes a Shot at the iPad's Screen Visibility in New TV Ad

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check out libraries that offer Overdrive service, and get a library card. Easy to download library books to the ipad!

As I posted in another thread --

With the OverDrive system, you can only check out mp3 audio books, YOU CAN NOT CHECK OUT EPUBS OR PDF'S since they use Adobde Digital Editions which is Flash-based and we all know what that means!

As far as libraries that have "caught up to technology"... quite the contrary! The library systems that use this system are totally ignoring all of the Apple mobile device users by using Adobe Digital Editions.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is straight from the OverDrive website --

epubs.jpg

OverDrive - Global distributor of digital eBooks, audiobooks, music & video for library, school & retail

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Who would want to read with a doll like that along side of you,I would be serving her the best in wine and booze and then start fogging up them sunglasses.

Al.(Kindle Reader)

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree not everyone needs an iPad. My grandma would just use an iPad as a photo frame or paper weight. Grandpa maybe email an news. I don't think they'd buy one. The kindle I could see granny buying one as they own multiple homes (from the Rockies to the beach front) an travel a lot to each home an to carry books is a pita.

I can't wait fir them to get into town so I can show my gramps! See his view as he was CEO of a satellite company an has always been interested in GPS and cellular communications.

arshield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mrshields.com
One of the best features of an kindle is the multiple font sizes. iPad has a couple sizes but kindle has seven. Many people I know are aging and love the kindle either because their eyes are getting worse or they have arthritis and cannot hold a regular hard back without pain.

Andymyrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I havent seen any of the kindles personally, is there really that much of a difference in the screen between the kindle and the iPad?

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I havent seen any of the kindles personally, is there really that much of a difference in the screen between the kindle and the iPad?

Oh yeah. It looks like paper. Think of this. The old school LCD clocks with a light gold base and big black numbers, a lot like those but much more crisp. LCD scenes today are hard to see in bright light because of the glare

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
One of the best features of an kindle is the multiple font sizes. iPad has a couple sizes but kindle has seven.

Kindle on the iPad has seven fonts as well. Relevant to the commercial, it also has the opton of black on white text, which helps in high-glare situations by increasing contrast. And anti-glare screen film would have helped that guy as well.

MaisyDae

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there an anti-glare screen for the iPad that will really let me read out in the sun????? I love my iPad, and don't really want to add another gadget to my bag. It's heavy enough!:eek:

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there an anti-glare screen for the iPad that will really let me read out in the sun????? I love my iPad, and don't really want to add another gadget to my bag. It's heavy enough!:eek:

Turn the brightness all the way up...I have no problems seeing it when I do that.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is there an anti-glare screen for the iPad that will really let me read out in the sun?????

It will help by reducing glare/reflections on the display. The most effective solution would be the alter contrast, but few if any portables let you do that. My early IBM ThinkPads had the option of reversing the display, going from black print on white background to white on black, which helped in bright light (and low-light) situations. Doing the same on the iPad helps a bit as well.

Hivoltage

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only thing I noticed is that the chick is pretty hot and looks good in a bikini:D

Most reactions

Latest posts