What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Mini Sells Out Across the Board as Amazon Goes on the Attack

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I get that. But if you wanna go cheap, it is good to know your options. And the warranty is only good for a limited time.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Amazon is outright lying on their page, though. They say iPad mini has "standard definition, low-resolution" display. It has an HD display just like the one on the Fire HD. Then they say "no HD movies or TV". What? What about iTunes, Netflix, Amazon's own instant video, and all the other content one can get on an iPad. They'd better watch out, Apple might decide to sue them for lying. :)

I've got a Kindle Fire on order, and I don't have a clue what Amazon says in comparison with other products. I agree that they shouldn't lie. But I basically never trust anyone to tell me the advantages of its products vs. others, because I figure they're always going to selectively skew info to make their product look good. That's why I do my own research. Even if it's imperfect, I have a better shot at reality, lol.

I've been pleased enough with my original Kindle Fire to get a full-size HD one. I'm looking forward to more storage, a cellular connection and better battery life. For me, it will be a pure consumption device. I tag team two iPads now and still run out of juice inconveniently, so I want a third full-size option, especially to stream Netflix and surf the Web. I'm not sure how else I'll use it. That will depend on how good it is. I use my original Fire mostly to read books, and to stream Netflix in a pinch, but battery life and storage are limited and it's wifi only.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've got a Kindle Fire on order, and I don't have a clue what Amazon says in comparison with other products. I agree that they shouldn't lie. But I basically never trust anyone to tell me the advantages of its products vs. others, because I figure they're always going to selectively skew info to make their product look good. That's why I do my own research. Even if it's imperfect, I have a better shot at reality, lol.

I've been pleased enough with my original Kindle Fire to get a full-size HD one. I'm looking forward to more storage, a cellular connection and better battery life. For me, it will be a pure consumption device. I tag team two iPads now and still run out of juice inconveniently, so I want a third full-size option, especially to stream Netflix and surf the Web. I'm not sure how else I'll use it. That will depend on how good it is. I use my original Fire mostly to read books, and to stream Netflix in a pinch, but battery life and storage are limited and it's wifi only.

It's got some nice hardware....hard to resist, especially since you can strip off the heavy skin Amazon dropped on it. If it weren't for that, I'd probably have bought one already. I don't really see myself streaming that much, though. It actually amazes me that so many people enjoy that on a tiny screen. I guess I'm just spoiled...I like the BIG screen! :)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's got some nice hardware....hard to resist, especially since you can strip off the heavy skin Amazon dropped on it. If it weren't for that, I'd probably have bought one already. I don't really see myself streaming that much, though. It actually amazes me that so many people enjoy that on a tiny screen. I guess I'm just spoiled...I like the BIG screen! :)

The one I've ordered is 9". My original is the smaller size.

Most reactions

Latest posts