What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

adding email addresses from gmail to ipad's mail application without using itunes

OP
88raymond

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
is it safe to delete my gmail account, as i already have microsoft outlook working?

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Do you mean delete your gmail account on your iPad, because you've now set it up as an exchange account?

Otherwise I don't understand the question.

OP
88raymond

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yes, you understood it correctly. can i take out the google mail account in my ipad in favor of microsoft exchange?

btw, in my contacts list, there are cases where i now have at least four sets for the same email address...

also, upon checking gmail at my desktop, the phone contactsthat i added in my ipad are not yet reflected. are entries with phone numbers not stored in gmail?

Last edited:

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
I warned you you might get duplicates. I can't remember now if it will copy your iPad contacts into gmail or just leave them on the iPad.

You shouldn't have a problem getting rid of your gmail account on your iPad now. Btw make sure you turn of syncing contacts in iTunes when you next connect your iPad to your pc otherwise you'll get even more duplicates.

Most reactions

Latest posts