What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No email address when composing mail

fingerpicker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Brand new Ipad2 owner and have a wee issue. I synced my contacts from Gmail and if I click the contacts icon on the main screen they are there with their email addresses.

When I try to compose mail and click the icon for contacts the the contact list comes up but there are no email addresses......

I can't figure this out.......help please

thanks

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
fingerpicker said:
Brand new Ipad2 owner and have a wee issue. I synced my contacts from Gmail and if I click the contacts icon on the main screen they are there with their email addresses.

When I try to compose mail and click the icon for contacts the the contact list comes up but there are no email addresses......

I can't figure this out.......help please

thanks

Hi.
If you just start typing the email address in the "to" field the address and the name will be suggested.
If you press the "+" symbol the address book will open and just show you the names - in case you have no name associated with an email address the email address itself should show up.
Just tap on the name of the person you want to email!

OP
F

fingerpicker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And therein lies the problem..if I start typing in the name in the "to" field nothing comes up-if I tap the + sign a list of contacts comes up but tapping on a name brings up a message that says "No Email Adresses"

If I look in contacts on the main screen its all there....somehow the email software is seeing the names but not the addresses......

OP
F

fingerpicker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FIXED.....When the email addresses were merged into the IPAD contact file they ended up in the notes section and not the filed for email addresses. It was an issue in the way they were exported out of the original Windows contact file. I exported the contact data to a csv file and opened that in excel-from there it was easy to copy and paste the email addresses into the correct column. I sent that file to Gmail and then to IPAD deleting everything that was on the Ipad first.

thanks for the help

Most reactions

Latest posts