What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Email addresses are not in mail application

amitkalra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I have started using mail app and connected by gmail into it...I was trying to send email to my friends through mail but I did not get their email addresses in it. What to do?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Email addresses saved to your iPad can be found in the Contacts app.

In Mail, when you want to write an email, and you enter the first letter into the "To:" field, you should get suggestions from your contacts stored in the app, and you're able to scroll through the list and select the address you need. Is this not happening when you try it?

OP
A

amitkalra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Email addresses saved to your iPad can be found in the Contacts app.

In Mail, when you want to write an email, and you enter the first letter into the "To:" field, you should get suggestions from your contacts stored in the app, and you're able to scroll through the list and select the address you need. Is this not happening when you try it?
I am getting a few...not all....when emails r synced from gmail...why not addresses also

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are Contacts enabled in your Gmail account in Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars? This should import the contacts saved to your Gmail account.

OP
A

amitkalra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are Contacts enabled in your Gmail account in Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars? This should import the contacts saved to your Gmail account.
It is enabled....contacts in settings under mail is enabled

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are these contacts saved to your email account? When you look at your account through a browser and search through your contacts there: are they listed?

If they are not, they can be added to your Contacts using the iPad.

Last edited:
OP
A

amitkalra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Through the browser I am able to see all my contacts...but not in mail app...

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
They should be in the Contacts app.
image.jpg

Do you find them there too?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's something important: when you looked at them through the browser, were they in the "My Contacts" list or somewhere else?

OP
A

amitkalra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We'll u r right ...in the contacts app...whatever addresses r there ...only they r listed in mail app. But when I sync gmail...both contacts and mail app must sync addresses from gmail..if it is not supposed to be that way then do I have to add manually addresses in contacts. I would rather use gmail app...

OP
A

amitkalra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Even in contacts app. All email addresses from gmail are not listed. What's happening ?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
They should sync to your iPad automatically, if they are in "My Contacts" in your Gmail account (browser view).

Contacts app and Mail app on the iPad are connected to each other. You won't find the contacts listed in the Mail app, but as soon as you write an email, you can access them.

Here's an example: just tapping one single letter gave me the option to choose from (more than 4) contacts.
image.jpg

To see the other ones, not visible in my screenshot, I'd need to scroll down that list to find them.

OP
A

amitkalra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In browser view, in gmail I am getting list of all addresses as I type...but not in mail app...why in my ipad this issue exists

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Question is: do you find them in "My Contacts" here (browser):
image.jpg

If they are not there, they won't be synced to your iPad.

Last edited:

Most reactions