What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Accelerometer possible issue after JB?!

dlo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was wondering if someone could confirm with me if this is just a weird issue with my iPad 2 or have other users been experiencing this issue to it as well.

If I don't use my ipad 2 for a period of time and I leave it on sleep mode (maybe 1 week?) it doesn't want to switch between from Landscape to Portrait mode when I do decide to finally use it. This is forcing me to do a hard reset but it works fine after.

Has anyone really had this issue? I think it has happened twice maybe even a third time. I'm more concerned about the accelerometer moving forward in the future than I am about the JB. If it is the accelerometer I would have to do a fresh install and then bring it to Apple. Of course this is my last resort, but I would like to know if anyone is also experiencing this issue before I do decide on my course of action!

Any help is appreciated as I am a broke starving student and love my iPad 2 to death!

Sent from my iPad 2 White 32GB WiFi using iPF

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Never noticed this issue, although never not used my iPad for 1 week! I have a hard time believing it is jailbreak related.

Are you SURE you are not turning on lock rotation by accident? Have you got it configured to be the side switch? I ask because I have helped literally dozens of members of this site who were doing exactly that. Turning it on by flicking the switch because they did not realise it was configured to do that...

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've not experienced this issue.

Of course, the longest I've left my iPad asleep is while I'm asleep, maybe 8 hours. So, maybe someone else who uses their iPad less than I might be able to tell you if they've had troubles.

Marilyn

Who is still trying to process how someone can have the fortitude to leave their iPad alone for up to a week... :D

OP
D

dlo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Never noticed this issue, although never not used my iPad for 1 week! I have a hard time believing it is jailbreak related.

Are you SURE you are not turning on lock rotation by accident? Have you got it configured to be the side switch? I ask because I have helped literally dozens of members of this site who were doing exactly that. Turning it on by flicking the switch because they did not realise it was configured to do that...

Positive, because after I do a reset the rotation works again. I configured the switch to turn to switch to mute as opposed as to lock screen because I like having the ability of going to 0 with just the switch.

It doesn't bother me now but I'm planning to keep this around for atleast two years and I don't want to lose my JB.

I do use my iPad 2 quite a bit, just sometimes when I'm cramming it becomes a distraction and I don't use it haha. I download a lot of free albums from Indie artists so that's why I'm on my laptop a lot.

**Update**: I'm stupid. Figured it out...wasn't the side switch, but I figured out why it wasn't working...x_x thanks guys.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts