What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JB issue

oefootball_70

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One minor, one moderate.

The minor issue is that every once in a while my icons will look like they slid down the screen. (Does this make sense?) half of them are gone beyond my dock. I re-spring and they are back to normal, just annoying at the rate they do it.

The moderate issue is that many, pretty much all, of my apps volume no longer works. Only ipod. Everything works with headphones put in.

This only started, and immediately, after I JB the ipad. Can any light be shed onto these circumstances?

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
oefootball_70 said:
One minor, one moderate.

The minor issue is that every once in a while my icons will look like they slid down the screen. (Does this make sense?) half of them are gone beyond my dock. I re-spring and they are back to normal, just annoying at the rate they do it.

The moderate issue is that many, pretty much all, of my apps volume no longer works. Only ipod. Everything works with headphones put in.

This only started, and immediately, after I JB the ipad. Can any light be shed onto these circumstances?

On your minor issue....After you jb it what apps did you install? (remember piracy rules ;))It would help. If you installed infiniboard which allows for verticle scrolling then that might be your culprit.

On your moderate issue....not quite understanding..do you mean all of your apps are crashing?
Do you have retinapad installed? Don't think it's been updated for 4.3.2. I would uninstall it for now and see if that helps.

Last edited:
OP
oefootball_70

oefootball_70

iPF Noob
Reaction score
oefootball_70 said:
One minor, one moderate.

On your minor issue....After you jb it what apps did you install? (remember piracy rules ;))It would help. If you installed infiniboard which allows for verticle scrolling then that might be your culprit.

On your moderate issue....not quite understanding..do you mean all of your apps are crashing?
Do you have retinapad installed? Don't think it's been updated for 4.3.2. I would uninstall it for now and see if that helps.

I installed the barrel app where they spin all funny

and I have not installed retinapad.

The apps work fine, just no sound. There is no volume...

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I installed the barrel app where they spin all funny

and I have not installed retinapad.

The apps work fine, just no sound. There is no volume...

I've had exactly this problem with barrel before. It seems to be a bug in handling the rotation of the springboard between portrait and landscape. I normally keep my iPad locked in portrait. As soon as I release the lock and switch the springboard to landscape, if barrel is active, it messes up. The icons seem to site in between pages on the springboard. Only a respring sorts it (until I rotate again).
I do this so infrequently that I had been assuming that barrel was bug free on 4.3.2, but noticed it for the first time on Saturday. Only think I can suggest at the moment is 1. don't rotate, or 2. uninstall barrel until the dev issues a fix.

As for sound, do you have your rotation lock switch set to mute sounds now? Switch the switch on the side and see if that unmutes all the sounds. If it is not this, have you hit the mute button on the switcher? Double click the home button, swipe the icons to the right, and check you have not hit the mute switch on the left hand side (if it is there, it depends on whether you have it configured for the hardware switch on the case or not).

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've had exactly this problem with barrel before. It seems to be a bug in handling the rotation of the springboard between portrait and landscape. I normally keep my iPad locked in portrait. As soon as I release the lock and switch the springboard to landscape, if barrel is active, it messes up. The icons seem to site in between pages on the springboard. Only a respring sorts it (until I rotate again).
I do this so infrequently that I had been assuming that barrel was bug free on 4.3.2, but noticed it for the first time on Saturday. Only think I can suggest at the moment is 1. don't rotate, or 2. uninstall barrel until the dev issues a fix.

It's actually not a bug but a conflict with infiniboard. Un-install inifiniboard and see if that rectifies the issue. I guess it depends which you want the most and un-install the other.

Hope that helps.....

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OUTL4W said:
It's actually not a bug but a conflict with infiniboard. Un-install inifiniboard and see if that rectifies the issue. I guess it depends which you want the most and un-install the other.

Hope that helps.....

I don't have infiniboard installed on my iPad...

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've also uninstalled folderEnhancer, Full Force, Iconoclasm, RetinaPad, ScrollingBoard, Shrink, and SwitcherMod, none of which resolve the issue with barrel.

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I, too, have noticed that bug with Barrel. Which is truly disappointing, because I like a lot of the effects. Especially the new one that was in the last update...

I have discovered the most stable effect is "Flippy." So, that's the one I use.

Oh, and I have Infiniboard running. Which, I like better than Barrel, so I'll stick with Flippy.

Marilyn

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had the same problems with the icons sticking halfway on the screen and would only fix itself after a respring. Have had no issues since uninstalling infiniboard. My guess it's a conflict with one of your other extensions(infini app?) and not the tweak itself.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I attached a screenie :D of the extensions I have installed and no issues with barrel. Fyi...Winterboard is below switcherMod.

Attachments

• image-597754121.png
    image-597754121.png
    103.7 KB · Views: 228

Most reactions

Latest posts