What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

£485 worth of in app upgrades

OP
M

mancuk29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Can you let us know what app suitable for an 8 year old has £70 a pop in app purchases? I'm horrified.

Tap paradise load the game and look at the upgrades (doesn't say it on iTunes page) you buy money, Ruby's and pearls to buy buildings
It's frightening but I'm now blocking every possibility of these upgrades on my sons iPad (I gave him my iPad 1 as I have iPad 3)

OP
M

mancuk29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's christening if you load the game , when it loads click on the coins and other stuff at top of page £69.99 is there apple need to block updates like that after a,ll its a child's game !

OP
M

mancuk29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mancuk29 said:
It's christening if you load the game , when it loads click on the coins and other stuff at top of page £69.99 is there apple need to block updates like that after a,ll its a child's game !

Frightening even !

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
mancuk29 said:
Tap paradise load the game and look at the upgrades (doesn't say it on iTunes page) you buy money, Ruby's and pearls to buy buildings
It's frightening but I'm now blocking every possibility of these upgrades on my sons iPad (I gave him my iPad 1 as I have iPad 3)

Well I'm very glad you got it sorted. A lesson learnt no doubt.

And in the developers defence there is a clear warning in the games description that I can see. £69.99 is in there, but it is the last in a list of purchases starting at 69p. I'm not saying its right, but they can't take all the blame.
There is a lot of inappropriate content which an 8 year old with your iTunes password could access. Just be thankful it worked out like this. It could have been a lot worse.

Last edited:

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good to see you got it sorted. Well done. Shows its always OK to go to Apple.

Have to say though, 70 quid for a game in app purchase stinks of robbery.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

OP
M

mancuk29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife chuckled at that suggestion , my little boy has done nothing but say sorry all day ... He has been upset all day I think he has learned his lesson plus he is banned off iPad for a month !

OP
M

mancuk29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Well I'm very glad you got it sorted. A lesson learnt no doubt.

And in the developers defence there is a clear warning in the games description that I can see. £69.99 is in there, but it is the last in a list of purchases starting at 69p. I'm not saying its right, but they can't take all the blame.
There is a lot of inappropriate content which an 8 year old with your iTunes password could access. Just be thankful it worked out like this. It could have been a lot worse.

Yep defo could have gone the other way thankfully apple are as good as always

Most reactions

Latest posts