What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4.3 Beta Release by Apple

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well for one you can choose what the side switch does....which should calm the masses of people that were ready to riot over the useless orientation lock.

Useless for you perhaps. If Apple is indeed giving users the choice to use the switch as an orientation lock then it speaks to the fact the a large number of users out there do not share your opinion. If this comes to fruition then I applaud Apple for listening to their users.

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I saw it on line Don't really know how it works, I think you need to be a registered developer or something.

I'll let the "pros" make sure it works first.

Beta links not allowed edit by col.bris

Last edited by a moderator:

toasty_hoodie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone check and see if the camera connection kit is now working with any device other than an idevice? Meaning, can you plug in a point and shoot camera and transfer photos?

iPad-Sweden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone check and see if the camera connection kit is now working with any device other than an idevice? Meaning, can you plug in a point and shoot camera and transfer photos?

Everyone can download It from several sites, but to be able to use It u have to have your UDID regged, = your idevice uniqe ID number must me regged/added on the Beta verification server.
There are here also several ways to get your UDID regged, become an Apple Developer for a small amount of money directly on Apple Developer and get many slots that u can reg OR pay an even smaller amount of money to have some Dev add your UDID for you ex: Activate My UDID ? Purchase with Google checkout.
And once your UDID Is regged u are able to install even the future betas.

earlyadopter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay, 4.3 is officially cool and I get the feeling that the iPad 2 won't have the home button. Wow, I cannot even remember what version 3.2 was like. Lol

Once I installed 4.3 I didn't have the multitasking gesture on/off selector in SETTINGS under GENERAL where it should have been. I had the Use Slide Switch To: control section but no gestures.

I had to open Xcode and register my device as a development iPad through the Developers Portal. Now it works:D

iOS has really come a long way....the future developments should really rock I think I'm going to stick with this iPad thing and see how far we go.

kc2ped

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gentlefury said:
well for one you can choose what the side switch does....which should calm the masses of people that were ready to riot over the useless orientation lock.

I use my orientation lock all the time and was only waiting for a one-click jailbreak to get it back
Why do I need a mute switch only millimeters from the mute switch the iPad came with
And my new mute switch doesn't mute anything
I will be glad to have the choice of what that switch does, if that survives to the final release

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Would be nice if the new OS had a USEFUL feature---such as the ability to organize email into user defined folders. But it sounds like only cosmeyic changes!

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would be nice if the new OS had a USEFUL feature---such as the ability to organize email into user defined folders. But it sounds like only cosmeyic changes!

As someone critical of the ipad, the changes sound pretty cool. The ipad needs a lot more than these gestures, but they are awesome.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv

As someone critical of the ipad, the changes sound pretty cool. The ipad needs a lot more than these gestures, but they are awesome.

From what I've been reading, and from what has been posted on my own website, I've noticed that many people are even thinking that iOS 4.x.x from here on out will only offer more user customization(s)

-shrug- maybe true, maybe not.

Grandad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iOS 4.3

So normally how long do Apple take between releasing the beta and releasing the new upgrade?
Just watched the video on ibellx.com and it looks pretty good! Again seems to be intuitive. A natural way to use a touch screen. This is one of the things I am starting to like about Apple.

Last edited:

nooris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That probably was the most important feature of the entire device...I was seriously ready to smash the thing into little bits because the switch I barely remember was there got changed to another useless feature!

It's interesting that on one side of the debate are those that badly miss the rotation button, and on the other side are those who don't care. There seems to be few who actually prefer the change. That's probably why we are getting back the choice in 4.3. I'm still on 3.2 because I care about the rotation lock more than folders or multitasking. That mute lock was the one of Apple's dumbest ideas ever!

Grandad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That probably was the most important feature of the entire device...I was seriously ready to smash the thing into little bits because the switch I barely remember was there got changed to another useless feature!

It's interesting that on one side of the debate are those that badly miss the rotation button, and on the other side are those who don't care. There seems to be few who actually prefer the change. That's probably why we are getting back the choice in 4.3. I'm still on 3.2 because I care about the rotation lock more than folders or multitasking. That mute lock was the one of Apple's dumbest ideas ever!
I think you are probably right. I seem to have been able to adjust to using the lock rotation button on the multitasking bar. Probably because I rarely change my orientation much anyway. I also tend to hold down the volume rocker to mute, because the mute switch only works in some apps and not in others.
But the one thing that does bug me is the double tap on the home button to go to multitasking. So if 4.3 sorts that I will be very happy. But thats just my humble opinion!

kc2ped

iPF Noob
Reaction score
nooris said:

My sentiments exactly. I only upgraded because I was in a hurry one day and accepted the default while syncing. I understand there is a Cydia app that will turn the switch back into a Rotation Lock but jailbreaking still requires too much assembly for me to try it. It will be nice to have the choice. It will make everyone happy but the people who don't care and will then be forced to make a decision. From the video I saw at TiPb it looks like Rotation Lock is listed over Mute so assumedly that will be the new default setting.

Most reactions

Latest posts