What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4.3.2 update / issues

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I updated to 4.3.2 without problems......Also a big ITunes safari update today too. Can't say I have noticed any battery loss though.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Last week when i synced my ipad with i tunes, the message came up for the new firmware, i did not click ok, and carry on using the current firmware which i feel uses tooo much battery. Does the new formware solve the battery problem?

Sent from my iPad using iPF, using iOS 4.3.1

You should not be noticing any significant battery drain because of a particular version of IOS. There is no known widespread battery drain issues on any version of IOS for iPad2 reported.
You may have an issue, but this is likely to be resolved with a restore of IOS and since you are experiencing something, I would recommend you do move to 4.3.2.

First of all you could try going to "Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings" -Badly upgraded configuration of wifi and 3G settings can sometimes cause an IOS race condition (causing batter drain) which is resolved by doing this.

Hope this helps.

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks f4780y, i have reset the settings and logged in to the wifi again. Will upgrade to the latest firmware later today and see if the battery improves. This battery problem hapoened to many people on ipad and iphones

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good karma said:
Thanks f4780y, i have reset the settings and logged in to the wifi again. Will upgrade to the latest firmware later today and see if the battery improves. This battery problem hapoened to many people on ipad and iphones

Yes, but the battery "problem" has been consistently reported by a minority of users for every IOS upgrade for the last 3+ years. It is the upgrade / restore from backup process which I believe to be flawed. This is why it can invariably be cured with a restore or reset of the offending settings IMHO.
Push email accounts also seem to be a culprit, if resetting network settings fails to yield results.

chazmink

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I updated software on my macBook then synced my iPad and then downloaded/updated the iPad firmware. Everything seems fine so far.
Charlie

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Yes, but the battery "problem" has been consistently reported by a minority of users for every IOS upgrade for the last 3+ years. It is the upgrade / restore from backup process which I believe to be flawed. This is why it can invariably be cured with a restore or reset of the offending settings IMHO.
Push email accounts also seem to be a culprit, if resetting network settings fails to yield results.

Just updated my ipad to the latest firmware and hope the battery issue is sorted. I have reset the network settings, however my mails and some games are on push notification. Saying that my battery usage went high after the last update, it was high enough to be blatently obvious.

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MYIpad2 said:
took me about 45 minutes

1 hour to download on my laptop and 17 minute to install on my ipad. Down load and install done seperately

Sent from my iPad using iPF, using iOS 4.3.2

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No issues at all but I did learn not to

"download and update." That froze up three times. The answer is simply to download. Then hot synch.

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thats what i did for the first time, and i find it better doing it seperately

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Good karma said:
Thats what i did for the first time, and i find it better doing it seperately

Yup! I did it separately, much easier to manage. Although I had to go through it twice, once for iPad and twice for iPhone.

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been told that when an new os update is released, the server become over loaded by the goldrush which is why it cuts off. This is why i did the downloading late at night and synced my ipad after i got home from work

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Good karma said:
I have been told that when an new os update is released, the server become over loaded by the goldrush which is why it cuts off. This is why i did the downloading late at night and synced my ipad after i got home from work

Yup overnight is good.

Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Yup overnight is good.

Overnight is bad.

iTunes doesn't retry the download in case it stops. So if the download stops for whatever reason, the computer is running all night long for nothing, it is a better idea to download, when one is actually using the PC, to make sure everything goes after plan.

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If that is the case i have been lucky then, cause it downloaded without breaking up.

Most reactions

Latest posts