What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4.2 When?

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The date iTunes will check is meaningless. It is just x number of days since last check or update. Different for all.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, but its highly unlikely to be in a few hours! The normal pattern for Apple is to get a GM release to developers as a final step before the public release. It's true that Apple missed the expected Beta4 window last week, so if I were a betting man, I would say we could perhaps expect the GM this week coming unless something odd has happened during this beta period which I am unaware of...
It would be normal practice to give developers a week or two with the GM before releasing it to the public...

lanimae

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well that sucks! It's not bad enough that we've had to put up with the dread 3.anything but then they don't give us word? It would kill them to give us a hint! Mind you, Im not as unhappy now I have VLC buggy though it is):)

lanimae

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ahh brisvegas:) I hear you had a spot of water up there over the last month.... Re the apps, did you have to update them yourself? You're on 4 beta I assume? I'm doing an article for samesame and want help with Apps

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Notifications for app upgades is automatic... but you have to decide whether or not to actually install it.

I get 2-3 upgrade notifications almost every day! Most of the app developers are really busting their butts over the new iOS!

iwhat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh man! Its 1st of november and still no news in apple site,I wonder what they are upto. C'mon apple release it already,I am dying here!!!

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As they say be patient it will be available when Apple is satisfied all works. More and more apps have been upgraded to support the new os. I still have some problems not yet resolved and expect the next version beta to correct them. I will estimate at least 3 weeks and as some one stated November finishes on 30th.

iwhat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No not that late!!

Nooooo....!! Not 30th,that'll be too late,I mean I might even forget that iOS 4.2 will be released. I often tend to forget important things like my username and passwords so thats usual. Anyways I think apple is not that rude to keep us waiting till judgement day. I think it might come out between 5th to 14th,or maybe say some strange date like 12th nov. 2010,that in general order can read 12.11.10 :) Thats just a guess though,but lets wait and see what happens. I am too impatient now because later this month I'll get dead busy and winter is almost here and lots of work left before the holidays.

Jbloudg20

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm much less excited for the update since 3.2.2 got jail broken.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
App upgrades are automatics. I am having trouble with the app store app. In preview of apps to purchase the horizontal scroll does not function ie looking at each slide of thee applications preview. Any one else having similar problems. I am running the latest 4.2 and iTunes

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The screen shot slidey bit? I have to tap in it to 'activate' it, then it will scroll... Mildly annoying :) (4.2beta3)

Most reactions

Latest posts