What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3G with wifi connectivity issues

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had read that Apple is "collecting" the Ipad 3s wifi with connectivity issues but couldn't find anything about the 3G Ipads with the problem. Up until today I haven't had any problems but I turn 3G off and on when I need it. I find I have to reboot once a day to get it to search for Verizon but then usually set for the day. Today, after turning it on, rebooting and then turning it off I can not get my wifi to connect. I have rebooted my router, usually fixes issues. My Ipad one, Touch and Grace internet radio are all connectd so its obviously an Ipad 3 issues. I've done two soft resets, rebooted, turned airplane off and on, turned wifi off and on. I have not gone anywhere else to test if their wifi works but would like some other input. Anyone else having issues??

Diane

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm sure some others are having these problems...but Apple hasn't found the issue yet. But I'm wondering if the wifi only issue could also be in the some wifi+4G ipads.

I continue to have no problems with my iPad switching from wifi to LTE.

OP
D

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had not either except I did have to reboot at least once a day to get the Ipad to search for Verizon 3G. My two year old Ipad one is wifi only so I have nothing to compare it to.

I did go down to our DT area to try public wifi and it did connect so I am going to reset my own router--I had simply rebooted it before. I haven't had any issues with this one (got it the 16th of March) or my One except very occasional reboots and I now have three Ipads, a Touch, Grace internet radio, Apple TV and husband's laptop able to run from the router but.....

Not going to point fingere LOL until I try some other things first. Stuff happens......

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think there very likely is a problem on some units with 3G/4G and wifi. I see no reason to NOT believe the reports you and others are making. I just think it must be one of these "some" devices have some flaw that is not yet fully apparent. Just like the WIFI only iPad issue.

OP
D

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I resolved mine by resetting my Linksys router. Speed is as good as before--which was excellent, and connectivity fine. I need to try with switching between cell and wifi though. So--it may be an issue between my router and my Ipad but we'll see. I do get really good coverage with this router (and all Ipads), even though old.

Most reactions