What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this the wifi issue?

antisomnic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My email app has started acting weird. It won't load emails or attachments sometimes and the only way to fix it is to turn wifi off and back on. Is this part of the wifi issue people have been having or could it just be a problem with gmail?

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Next time it is doing this switch over to safari and see if web pages will load or if they hang also. That should tell you if it is WiFi or gmail.

alwoods

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had the same problems with Safari trying to load pages. I've turned the iPad on and off on several occasions but they still hang and take ages. My sons iPad 2 doesn't have any problems.

ultimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try this, go into settings open wi-fi, highlight your current network connection, touch on blue arrow on the right, new window opens on top of screen select "delete network"

ultimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ultimate said:
Try this, go into settings open wi-fi, highlight your current network connection, touch on blue arrow on the right, new window opens on top of screen select "forget network" then re-enter the network details, should be ok now.

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
antisomnic said:
My email app has started acting weird. It won't load emails or attachments sometimes and the only way to fix it is to turn wifi off and back on. Is this part of the wifi issue people have been having or could it just be a problem with gmail?

I have several mail accounts configured and have seen this problem.

For me the cause was a weak wifi signal or an overloaded home wifi network.

VPN balks for the same reasons on occasion.

While very seldom all used at the same time my home wifi network has (10) devices with active/idle connections. Laptops, Apple TV, smartphones, kindles, and an iPad. Congestion on weekends can be a pain. Fortunately I can activate MAC filtering which basically boots everyone but me until I've completed a desired task. "Dad the Internet is down, can you fix it?". "Sure honey give me a few minutes". There are some fringe benefits to being the designated help desk at home!

Most reactions