What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 month old ipad 2 charger drops dead for no reason

hotstuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Today I took the charger outside with me because the battery was low but any how i never had to use but when I got home and connected the charger nothing started charging, I looked at the connections and compared it to the iPad 1 charger, the iPhone 3 gs and 4 here we have and it was not the cable, it's the charger, I'm charging from the iPad 1 charger as I type, the iPad 2 charger is dead no doubt about it, can I get a new one, this iPad is not even a few months old, anyone else ?

Sent from my iPad2 64GB wifi 3G using iPF

slayda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check these out "[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004RRNJ8M"]7 items Accessories Case Charger[/ame]" for charger plus other items - $14.99 + SHP & "[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007RV3IE"]Dock Connector to USB 2.0 Cable[/ame]" $1.67 w/ free SHP.

I got both of these from Amazon & they work fine with my iPad 2 plus the 7 items include 2 screen protectors, AC charger for indoors & DC charger for car, case for the iPad 2 & earbuds. At that price I got 3 of the cables, one each for the 2 new chargers and one for my computer syncing.

OP
H

hotstuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
slayda said:
Check these out "Video Link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004RRNJ8M" for charger plus other items - $14.99 + SHP & "Video Link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007RV3IE" $1.67 w/ free SHP.

I got both of these from Amazon & they work fine with my iPad 2 plus the 7 items include 2 screen protectors, AC charger for indoors & DC charger for car, case for the iPad 2 & earbuds. At that price I got 3 of the cables, one each for the 2 new chargers and one for my computer syncing.

I was hoping to hear apple replaces this item under warranty, possible?

Harley man

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For sure they will replace it it's under 1 year . I would call them up they should ship you a new one ASAP or if near a apple store you could stop in and pick one up

from USA bucks county pa Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
H

hotstuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah I was hoping they did but wanted to ask in advance because they are a bot sneaky with tech support, I was worried they would claim it was my fault, the adopter is totally new, this was the first time I actually took it outside, was in my bag and never removed or used nowhere until I returned, so it's very weird.

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've never found Apple tech support to be sneaky. They will simply give you a new charger no questions asked. They gave me a free replacement when I dropped my ipad2 a shattered the screen. I'm sure they will take care if you.

OP
H

hotstuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tarkio said:
I've never found Apple tech support to be sneaky. They will simply give you a new charger no questions asked. They gave me a free replacement when I dropped my ipad2 a shattered the screen. I'm sure they will take care if you.
I'm over in europe, it's a whole other story here, apple asks for more money for products when the dollar is stronger then the euro and now when the dollar is less then a euro they want the same exact digits but in euros, that's low if you ask me, not to mention Europeans also still pay tax unlike in the US where we can buy from another state and have the items shipped free with ups tax free as well.

It's been evident that apple has the worse tech support in Europe, not to forget their authorized tech sites are like chop shops, a guy in Spain busted several apple store after he discovered they swapped DVD players on clients who Ent in to get upgrades, as well as been billed for parts claimed to malfunction, if not replaced their logic boards all together, apple does not provide anyone with component I'd parts, they can however tell you in the USA if a part w not originally shipped with your machine, not in Europe, they have call centers and a repair site in holland and those guys say they don't get the same info on machines.

I'm sure samsung is worse lol

Nancybout

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hotstuff said:
I'm over in europe, it's a whole other story here, apple asks for more money for products when the dollar is stronger then the euro and now when the dollar is less then a euro they want the same exact digits but in euros, that's low if you ask me, not to mention Europeans also still pay tax unlike in the US where we can buy from another state and have the items shipped free with ups tax free as well.

It's been evident that apple has the worse tech support in Europe, not to forget their authorized tech sites are like chop shops, a guy in Spain busted several apple store after he discovered they swapped DVD players on clients who Ent in to get upgrades, as well as been billed for parts claimed to malfunction, if not replaced their logic boards all together, apple does not provide anyone with component I'd parts, they can however tell you in the USA if a part w not originally shipped with your machine, not in Europe, they have call centers and a repair site in holland and those guys say they don't get the same info on machines.

I'm sure samsung is worse lol

Are you in Spain,I m hoping to get over there in august to visit again.My parents go for five mos every year...they are in Galicia and their town JUST got dsl lol

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
H

hotstuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nancybout said:
Are you in Spain,I m hoping to get over there in august to visit again.My parents go for five mos every year...they are in Galicia and their town JUST got dsl lol

Sent from my iPad using iPF

No I was in Spain last summer, Valencia

Very nice beaches :)

Most reactions

Latest posts