What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 ipad2s, anyone know how to turn one into a baby monitor?

FrenchTV

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Been searching for a baby monitor app of some kind to watch my kids on my second iPad 2 for hours today with no luck, is this possible , anyone on this site know of an app to monitor a baby with an iPhone or iPad 2 to an iPad,

Thanks

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, I don't know of anything that does this, but I have to say... seriously? That would be the most excessive baby monitor I have ever heard of.
Surely you'd be better of purchasing a top of the range genuine baby monitor, if for no other reason that it would at least be designed for the job and be fit for purpose?
I don't think I would trust the well being of my little ones to the off chance of a poorly design app on a couple of devices not designed to be environmental monitors.
If you are intent going down this route you would probably be better off with 1 iPad and a good wireless webcam / mic setup in the baby's room. Most good ones have a web interface which you can monitor from any PC or the iPad's Safari browser.
I think you are asking for trouble using a pair of iPads. Good luck though. Hope you find something that suits!

OP
F

FrenchTV

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree with you totally, but we end up in hotels some times with separate rooms and like to watch the kids instead of split them into two groups, hard to sleep

I'll try Skype

wigsajumper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Skype to Skype
or Facetime to Facetime I think would be the quickest

btw drop a line if it works ok. Might need to use this in the future when visiting the inlaws

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If ur ipad and iphone is jailbroken there is an app you can get on both, 1 is free other is .99 i think, it allows you to see what ur iphone camera sees but on ur ipad screen. I am trying to remember the names.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
F

FrenchTV

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Skype worked out great, but it cut off around 6:am and refused to reconnect, i imagine they block users who video chat for more then 5 hours, i would, especially with toddlers sleeping in the video, but it worked out becuase none of the kids woke up for anything.

I find it almost shocking how cool jail broken iPads are, I will certainly look into the app suggested, hopefully do a jb when ios5 is ready

Thank you

Enodev

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Best Baby Monitor for iPad and iPhone

Been searching for a baby monitor app of some kind to watch my kids on my second iPad 2 for hours today with no luck, is this possible , anyone on this site know of an app to monitor a baby with an iPhone or iPad 2 to an iPad,

Thanks

There od couple od them on the AppStore, just search for "baby monitor".

The one I'm using is called "Best Baby Monitor" and works great on iPhones and iPads over local wifi or Bluetooth connection. It's to be found at bestbabymonitorapp dot com.
Hth,
Martin

zuzife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Best Baby Monitor for Iphone, I Pod, I Pad

Hi, may be this app would help Best Baby Monitor for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation) and iPad on the iTunes App Store.

Z.

Most reactions

Latest posts