What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

battery monitor imprecise?

Nugga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello guys.
Last night my iPad 2 had 98% battery left after some hours of recharge.
I took my iPad and started watching some videos and all kind of random stuff. After about an hour and a half, the battery said 93%, which kinda impressed me cause it should have lost about 15% if the 10 hour battery life holds true.

Well i put my iPad to sleep (did not turn it off) and when i woke up next morning about 9 hours later the battery monitor said 85% left.

For me it looks like it need some time to actually figure out the exact amout of battery left?

Have any of you tried something similar?

dvmweb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds about right. The battery will dissipate over time of course, even when screen is not on. Just plug it in every night as a habit to keep it topped off. My iPad 1 works all day. I get it down to about 40%. if I use it a lot I will plug itin to keep it charged up. Understand the rechargable battery.

Most reactions