What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

16GB, 32GB, or 64GB

How many Gigabyte do you plan to buy?

• 16GB

Votes: 32 20.3%
  • 34GB

Votes: 61 38.6%
  • 64GB

Votes: 65 41.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MoneyGuy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think I'll go for 32GB. It should be enough as the wife and I will also buy the iPad3 when it comes out.

Ipad2Woman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
16gb Wifi is all I can afford. On my 1st gen iPad, 16 gigs was plenty of room so it will be fine this time too. I am blessed to be able to get the 16 gig one in the first place, so I'm happy.

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
32. I won't put music or movies on it, so no need for 64. 16 may be enough, but I'd rather have 32 so I can load apps, PDFs etc. and not have to worry about space.

qnet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.network-creations.net
I'm going for 64GB this time. My 1st Ipad was 16GB and, it wasn't enough. I had the Xoom which is 32 and, filled half of it up with movies & music but, still felt like I would be pushing it, in the future.

Marabou Muddler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the 16 GB iPad 1. I had not planned on downloading movies or TB to it, so I thought I would be fine w/ 16 GB. Also thought it would be more of a toy. After having it a while, I find that I am using it more frequently for work. I've also downloaded a lot of music to it.........and as long as the music is on it, I am listening to music at work so I keep adding more music. (I listen to classical music - symphonies, etc. take up a lot of space.) Bottom line: my next one will be at least 32 GB.....maybe even 64 since I seem to keep finding it more useful than I had anticipated.

Quannie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I 1st had the 16gb wifi only, but when I got iPad 2 I went ahead and got the 32gb white wifi only......you never know what you may want to use later and it's always better safe then sorry....it's only 100 bucks you will spend that like it's 20 so, why not

Rambler358

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wanted the black 64GB AT&T 3G iPad2, but they were all sold out when my turn in the Best Buy line came up. So I opted for the 32GB version which they still had. I hope it's enough for the apps, movies, music, photos and other stuff I want to put on it, but I'll have to wait and see.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

iPad2_fanatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went for the 64 GB iPad black wifi only (I use MyWi on my iPhone 4). I have a 32 Gb iPhone and it's nearly full, so I felt it made sense to purchase the 64 GB. I travel a lot, am planning on using my iPad for music, movies, tv etc so from that perspective, bigger is better. :)

andsoitgoes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This was an easy question for me. I bought a 16gb model first go around and within about a MONTH, I was frustrated beyond belief that I did not purchase a larger model.

By July I was determined to find a way to justify upgrading to the larger model, but I just couldn't afford it. As time went on, I realized I would just need to suck it up and wait until the iPad 2 released. And when it did, I would buy the largest model available.

Many people mocked me for getting a 64gb model, which was my dream unit this time around. They mocked me. They laughed.

yet I look at my usage and I currently have about 29 gigs free. Sure, that's a lot free, but had I gone for the 32 gig model, I would have either been tapped out, of space or been so close that I would have to try and figure out what I did/didn't want on my device.

Now, I don't have to do that.

I have about 10 different comic book runs. I have 252 apps. 252! I have Secret of Monkey Island 1 and 2, Broken Sword, Need for Speed, both... Simply put, I can have every game I want. I never have to go "Uh oh, I need to remove this..."

I am THRILLED beyond thrilled I went with 64 gigs. I can edit tons with iMovie and I don't have to stress. I'm simply tickled pink at having a better unit with more space, so in a way I actually think I made the right choice getting a 16 gig model the first time around.

It was enough to make me beg for more.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
andsoitgoes said:
This was an easy question for me. I bought a 16gb model first go around and within about a MONTH, I was frustrated beyond belief that I did not purchase a larger model.

By July I was determined to find a way to justify upgrading to the larger model, but I just couldn't afford it. As time went on, I realized I would just need to suck it up and wait until the iPad 2 released. And when it did, I would buy the largest model available.

Many people mocked me for getting a 64gb model, which was my dream unit this time around. They mocked me. They laughed.

yet I look at my usage and I currently have about 29 gigs free. Sure, that's a lot free, but had I gone for the 32 gig model, I would have either been tapped out, of space or been so close that I would have to try and figure out what I did/didn't want on my device.

Now, I don't have to do that.

I have about 10 different comic book runs. I have 252 apps. 252! I have Secret of Monkey Island 1 and 2, Broken Sword, Need for Speed, both... Simply put, I can have every game I want. I never have to go "Uh oh, I need to remove this..."

I am THRILLED beyond thrilled I went with 64 gigs. I can edit tons with iMovie and I don't have to stress. I'm simply tickled pink at having a better unit with more space, so in a way I actually think I made the right choice getting a 16 gig model the first time around.

It was enough to make me beg for more.

Yep...I would always rather have too much space left over than too little to work with.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

Fataliya

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm going to get the 64g WiFi/3G in black. I'm constantly putting games and stuff for my younger kids on here, so I want to be SURE I don't run outta room.

But I have to actually FIND an iPad2 first, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions