What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfering data and settings from one iPad to another

webdevii

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just recently bought another iPad couldn't resist the price, I want to transfer all of my settings from my existing iPad 32GB Verizon Wi-Fi unit to my other used iPad 2 64GB unit any easy way. I am guessing I would need to upload the info from the 32GB unit to iTunes and then download or restore it back to the 64GB unit. I have never done this as when I did the jail break and iOS update i was ballsy and did not do a backup like a bad user, normally I am not that un-professional but oh well I did it with complete success. but now I do need to get the info off the 32GB iPad and onto the 64GB unit.

a list of PC (Windows 7 based programs would be nice) if anyone out there would be so kind.

Thank you all in advance for any assistance.

Dev

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just recently bought another iPad couldn't resist the price, I want to transfer all of my settings from my existing iPad 32GB Verizon Wi-Fi unit to my other used iPad 2 64GB unit any easy way. I am guessing I would need to upload the info from the 32GB unit to iTunes and then download or restore it back to the 64GB unit. I have never done this as when I did the jail break and iOS update i was ballsy and did not do a backup like a bad user, normally I am not that un-professional but oh well I did it with complete success. but now I do need to get the info off the 32GB iPad and onto the 64GB unit.

a list of PC (Windows 7 based programs would be nice) if anyone out there would be so kind.

Thank you all in advance for any assistance.

Dev

The easiest thing to do is to make a backup of the 32GB iPad. Then, restore the 64GB to stock and, when prompted by iTunes, restore with the backup of the 32GB iPad. When it's done, you should have two iPads that mirror each other.

That's how I got everything over to my iPad3 from the iPad1. Oh, and ensure they are both on the same iOS. It will make it easier.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
The easiest thing to do is to make a backup of the 32GB iPad. Then, restore the 64GB to stock and, when prompted by iTunes, restore with the backup of the 32GB iPad. When it's done, you should have two iPads that mirror each other.

That's how I got everything over to my iPad3 from the iPad1. Oh, and ensure they are both on the same iOS. It will make it easier.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

This is exactly how we setup my daughters iPad 2. Backed mine up and connected hers to iTunes and away we went. No problems. Did som customizations afterwards but this will get you just about right where you want to be.

Most reactions

Latest posts