What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

128 GB iPad Available From Today

blessed

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If its the same screen size in a smaller lighter shell id be interested. Im still thrilled with my 2 and have no intensions of a future upgrade, unless....... I do like how the mini has smaller sides, its weight makes my 2 feel dinosaurs-ish.

Lol. I gave my 2 to my dad for Christmas when I found out Apple had released another one after the mini with the lightning connector like the iPhone 5. It was in PERFECT MINT condition. He is LOVING it :)

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The 5???? I've lost count since they seem to be popping them out every month or so. I have the one before the one that just came out with the expanded storage. It has the lightning connector.

What do you think the 5 will have???

Four?

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If its the same screen size in a smaller lighter shell id be interested. Im still thrilled with my 2 and have no intensions of a future upgrade, unless....... I do like how the mini has smaller sides, its weight makes my 2 feel dinosaurs-ish.

Lol....I'm with you....after using the mini for a while then grabbing my ipad2, it does feel like a brick! In weight that is. ;)

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Lol....I'm with you....after using the mini for a while then grabbing my ipad2, it does feel like a brick! In weight that is. ;)

Yeah, I do feel a bit conflicted after owning first an iPad 2 for a year, then getting the 3nd gen for 7 months, and finally after getting a 7-inch tablet, all of a sudden those larger ones are too heavy! Yep, sounds a bit daft. But it's a relative thing....no tablet is really heavy, but it is easier to hold a mini while playing games or reading than it is to hold a larger one. I guess if I could not ready the screen or type on it, it work not work for me....but I type much faster on the mini with the split keyboard than I ever could with the full sized iPad. All I can say is that if apple can get a retina screen and beefed up internals into this form factor they will clean up!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Yeah, I do feel a bit conflicted after owning first an iPad 2 for a year, then getting the 3nd gen for 7 months, and finally after getting a 7-inch tablet, all of a sudden those larger ones are too heavy! Yep, sounds a bit daft. But it's a relative thing....no tablet is really heavy, but it is easier to hold a mini while playing games or reading than it is to hold a larger one. I guess if I could not ready the screen or type on it, it work not work for me....but I type much faster on the mini with the split keyboard than I ever could with the full sized iPad. All I can say is that if apple can get a retina screen and beefed up internals into this form factor they will clean up!

I need to hurry up and get an ipad mini and see what y'all are talking about! However, I'd like to wait to see if the ipad 5 will be smaller. Decisions, Decisions! :)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need to hurry up and get an ipad mini and see what y'all are talking about! However, I'd like to wait to see if the ipad 5 will be smaller. Decisions, Decisions! :)

Yes, I'm eager to see iPad 5 and mini 2. If mini 2 gets better guts, 128GB and retina, I'm probably going that way.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Attachments

• image-4005707443.jpg
    image-4005707443.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 255
Last edited by a moderator:

Unleashed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So is that the ONLY difference? I have the lightening connector with the version I purchased in December, so now both iPhone and ipad are using the same connector. But that's all? Just the additional storage??? Nothing else???? As much of a junkie as I am, I'd still like a tad bit more than just the storage.

pretty much.. i moved from the 30 pin ipad 3.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:

You're right of course, they really aren't that heavy but after holding ipad2 in a certain way, my arm will begin to ache, that's where the iPad mini is just brilliant. And its more than that, it's just so easy to tote around with no worries of it slipping. I still do most of my moderation on the 2 though, I need the bigger screen for this. I'll have to try the split keyboard, have never bothered even using it but will now. ;)

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
skimonkey said:

You will love it but at this point I would wait to see what the next one will have as far as upgrades but having said that I do love mine now. ;). I will definitely be getting the 5 so I'm really hoping it will be a new one with new features and hoping that it will be that bit smaller and lighter. ;)

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You will love it but at this point I would wait to see what the next one will have as far as upgrades but having said that I do love mine now. ;). I will definitely be getting the 5 so I'm really hoping it will be a new one with new features and hoping that it will be that bit smaller and lighter. ;)

I am definitely going to wait for the newer guts on the iPad mini!

I'd like to update my mom's iPad with a mini also, so will wait to see what they come out with!! ;) I think that it's such an excitement when Apple announces new things! I never tire of it even when I am not in the market for anything new at the moment, :)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
... I think that it's such an excitement when Apple announces new things! I never tire of it even when I am not in the market for anything new at the moment, :)

Me, too. I like to see gadgets debut from all sorts of manufacturers, whether or not I buy them. I like to see advances, and I like the possibility that something new and cool will emerge.

blessed

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Me, too. I like to see gadgets debut from all sorts of manufacturers, whether or not I buy them. I like to see advances, and I like the possibility that something new and cool will emerge.

I wonder how far away we are from unlimited (cloud) storage capability which will eliminate the issues that some of us face. Just a thought.

Most reactions

Latest posts