What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you buy an iPad if you could never JB?

Would YOU Still have bought an iPad if there was NEVER a JB?

• No Way!

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Of course!

Votes: 63 81.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Do you have an "other?"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mjclemm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, stupid question alert....

What benefits are there from "Jail breaking" your iPad?, I'm honestly not even sure what "Jail breaking" is... Please educate if possible... Thanks... Mjc...

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tlbaker said:
So would I be able to upload docs to websites as if I were on a computer if I were jail broken? I, too, know nothing about this process. Just wondering.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 IOS 5.0.1 Update using iPF

You can do that with iCab browser now without Jailbreaking. The reasons for Jailbreaking will vary from person to person, I jailbroken at iOS 4.3.3, I didn't do an awful lot with it but it did allow me greater possibilities without restricting my use of the iPad from a stock version.....or in other words, you don't really have anything to lose but you may find you gain something!

The Archangel

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
You can do that with iCab browser now without Jailbreaking. The reasons for Jailbreaking will vary from person to person, I jailbroken at iOS 4.3.3, I didn't do an awful lot with it but it did allow me greater possibilities without restricting my use of the iPad from a stock version.....or in other words, you don't really have anything to lose but you may find you gain something!

The Archangel

Thank you, Archangel!! The iCab browser does it's job by uploading the document to the site; however, the receiving site doesn't take the file. Not sure why this happens ;'(

Sent from my Tricked Out, SparklyPink Hearts Black Verizon 32GB iPhone 4 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts