What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will you buy 2nd gen?

iNugget

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Yes it does! Which makes iPad once again the champion of all 9.7+ inch devices that lack Flash, (but that actually don't!) :cool: I can watch movies on the free movies website which is great. On top of that, if anybody is using my computer while I'm out, I can see everything they are doing, every move and click of that mouse!

& yes you do need the Gmail account, & yes I indeed get audio and video!

.. You don't have to stay signed into G-Mail on the Desktop or Laptop no, iTeleport has its own log-in where it signs you into G-Mail Automatically.

Last edited:

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But they can also check your email because you have to stay signed into the same gmail account, right?

iNugget

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Nope not on the Desktop or Laptop you don't need to be signed in. They will be completely un aware they are being watched. It runs in the background. You can also have multiple computers to connect to, up to 5 if I'm not mistaken..

The screen shot I uploaded.
rko8lv.jpg

As you can see i'm running firefox :)

Last edited:

Checkpoint

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just setup iTeleport on my PC so it's all ready when my iPad is delivered. UltraVNC wouldn't let me set a password so I used TightVNC which was much easier to setup/understand... or at least it was for me. ;)

iNugget

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
It's a program you need in order to control personal settings you may have towards the way you want this "teleporting" to work, like passwords, or who can log in, things like that. You just need that, & 'iTeleport Connect' & your set!

skipper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im waiting till the 3rd Gen. Then i can have best of both 2nd and 1st gen have so im not spending too much.

mac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sunlight readable screen has got to a killer potential improvement

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I' ll keep this unit until it breaks or becomes unusable because of obsolescence... But... If a new Mac Tablet in a bigger size comes along, I might go for that. It would have to be a full OS.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll skip 2nd gen. I'm very happy with my 3G's functionality and I'm getting a second one for my wife at the end of June for our anniversary. I have the 3yr insurance with squaretrade so that's probably how long it will be before I consider upgrading. Truth is I still have my 1st gen touch and it still works fine for my needs.

Most reactions

Latest posts