What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will you buy 2nd gen?

Carl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As we all know, apple always bring out a new variation of their products later on in the year. My question is, how many 1st gen owners will also buy the 2nd gen?

Personally I bought the lower modle iPad (wifi 16gb) with the plan on upgrading to the 2nd gen

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
For me, it's going to need some "killer app" that this one doesn't have. It seems a lot of people will go for one with a camera or more storage; I don't need the former, I'm fine with my 64GB so don't need the latter. What could they add that I want?

I can say the deal-breaker would be if they switch to a full-on OS, with the attendant memory and space requirements - I definitely avoid the next one if they do that.

Holly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I probably will hold out for the third generation. Having a camera is not a big factor for me.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
originally the iPad announcement was disappointing to me. An iPod Touch with a huge screen whoop-dee-doo. Launch day came, I tried one out in the store and was still not really planning on getting one. Then as time when on, I found myself at the apple store or bestbuy trying them out a few more times. I started thinking that it may be a good replacement for my work as a computer tech being able to carry it around with me but no having something as big as a laptop/netbook. I then knew I was probably going to end up getting one and decided If I ever got one it would have to be the 3G version.

I deciced on the day before 3G launch that I wanted to defiantly get a iPad 3G. Stopped by the apple store after work on launch and picked one up.

As for if i'll be getting the second generation, that all depends if I have the cash for it and what the upgrades are. If its just minor updates like they made from the iphone 3g to 3GS ill hold out for the third Generation and purchase the apple care to cover my current ipad longer.

spinfreak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seriously doubt I'd go for a 2nd gen, unless there was some major addition to it. Most likely, I'd guess it will have more memory and maybe a camera. Doubt they'd add a USB port or anything like that. Maybe by the 3rd gen, or even the 4th, then they'll add something major. Then I'll think about it.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Depends...don't care about a camera or more memory....now if they say, made one for CDMA Verizon, then yes. Doubt that is going to happen though, so probably not.

Usually if I am traveling somewhere, I find that the internet in hotels or whatnot is generally not good enough to stream video well. And I have a camera on my phone. An 8MP camera when I upgrade to the Droid Incredible next month. So no need for stills, and the internet is too slow for video conferencing at hotels where I travel...so no need for that.

iNugget

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I still can't find a reason to even think about buying a second gen, my iPad has no flaws! The only thing i'm really missing on it is a camera, which I wouldn't use anyway. So therefore I'm set! :) My iPad has got Flash, My iPad has killer apps, and my iPad is just flippin' awesome :p.

iNugget

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Since iv'e jailbroken mine, I installed 'iTeleport' for iPad. It allows you to connect to your Desktop or Laptop computer and also control it. I can visit anywebsite my Desktop can. For both Mac and PC's. It's great :) . The App is 24.99 .. did I pay that? Heck no, it's free in the 'Installous' jailbroken app store :) . You can be anywhere in the world and access your computer. Anytime!

Here's the link for the Program & Directions you need for it to function! Step by Step.
http://www.iteleportmobile.com/ipad

Last edited:

Checkpoint

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since iv'e jailbroken mine, I installed 'iTeleport' for iPad. It allows you to connect to your Desktop or Laptop computer and also control it. I can visit anywebsite my Desktop can. For both Mac and PC's. It's great :) . The App is 24.99 .. did I pay that? Heck no, it's free in the 'Installous' jailbroken app store :) . You can be anywhere in the world and access your computer. Anytime!

Here's the link for the Program & Directions you need for it to function! Step by Step.
iTeleport for iPad | Home

Haha, that sounds great. Jailbreaking to get free apps is basically why I jailbreak. ;)

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score

iTeleport for iPad | Home

Don't you have to stay signed in to gmail on that computer for it to work? Furthermore, no audio or video right?

Most reactions

Latest posts