What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will you buy 2nd gen?

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You think you're kidding. I was using mine in a meeting today and someone called me an Apple fanboy. One of my co-workers burst out laughing - he's an Apple fanboy and has been arguing the benefits of Apple products for years; he found it hilarious that one Apple purchase made me look as bad as him. :D

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Blame it on Apple's business model with the iPhone. . I've had a LOT of people tell me they like the iPad, but they'll wait until the nicer, cheaper 2nd generation so they don't get burned again, like when they bought the first iPhone.

WOW!! I never thought of that. The first iPhone was almost as lame as a Droid compared to the current iPhone.

And the iPad is incredible, if they could make the same level of improvements to it... just imagine how fantastic it would be.

But I don't expect to see the same level of improvements since a lot of the iPhone R&D has helped the iPad be so great at launch.

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah, I dont think that model applies to the iPad. The iPhone was Apple's 1st such device with this OS. The iPad basically is the current, latest and greatest iPhone. The iPad processor going to the phone (4th gen) is the iPhone catching up with the iPad. I dont see anything radically changing on the near horizon when Apples cutting edge devices are still in the process of being released.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I agree, but I wasn't caught up in the iPhone thing. The people that were are a bit gun-shy. I think the next generation will have a camera and more storage, for the most part. While the latter is what I care about, I can get by with my 64GB for a while.

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will buy the CDMA 4G Verizon 128gb when it is available, and my wife will inherit my current iPad.

appleboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found this website where you can buy iPad, ipadbuy.webs.com . I think that you can also chose model and other things you want.

Most reactions

Latest posts