Will apps appear on iPad2 that won't run on iPad1?

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Sowellca, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Sowellca

Sowellca
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I would think so. If so, then the app store may need another area or filter to help prevent original iPad owners from purchasing apps that they can't run. Any thoughts?

Apologies if this has been addressed in another thread. I didn't see it addressed yet, but I have so little time to read that I may have missed it.

2. MsAmandaLove

MsAmandaLove
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I don't know nothing about it since I don't keep up with those updates. But I hope that won't be the case because to me that would be shitty of apple to do that. It would be thier way of forcing people to upgrade to the ipad 2 Which right there is not right to people who hadn't had their ipad for very long.

3. tzimisce

tzimisce
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Given that there are apps on iPad that won't run on iPhone because they make use of iPad-specific features, it is possible that there will be apps that make use of iPad2-only features (e.g. if it has a camera, which iPad 1 doesn't.)

4. Superbike81

Superbike81
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Until we actually hear official word from Apple concerning the iPad 2, I think we should wait.

If Apple does a major upgrade and includes a dual core processor, more RAM, etc, etc, then of course there are going to be apps that take full advantage of that new hardware and won't run on the iPad.

But, if Apple just does a minor refresh like maybe adding a camera and a little more RAM, then there will only be a few apps related to the camera that won't work on the original iPad.

But since Apple hasn't even OFFICIALLY said the iPad 2 even exists or is in production, it's all speculation right now.

5. Itzxdjx

Itzxdjx
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Mhm superbike said it all!

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

6. Prasius

Prasius
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    The world didn't end for iPhone 2G when the 3G came out.. And similarly the 3Gs, 4G.......

I wouldn't panic about things..

7. Hasty

Hasty
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Inevitable as devs seek to exploit the hardware.
    No doubt we'll see current and legacy options.

"Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof....."

8. iPadCharlie

iPadCharlie
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    If you download stuff from iTunes on your PC, it will be up to YOU to read the app descriptions carefully. While you can download any app to your PC, only those apps that will run on whatever mobile device you have plugged in at the time will transfer over when you sync. OTOH, if you download stuff from the App Store app on your iPad, it will only show you apps that will work on that device.

9. jacson

jacson
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    The full screen feature is meant to view the Visualizer or any video content full screen. If you wish to make your iTunes browser window to extend across your entire desktop, you must move the window to the left corner, and then drag the bottom right to make the window extend across your entire desktop. You can also create an AppleScript to do this.

10. DontUnderstandMyIpad

DontUnderstandMyIpad
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    There is also a setting under Preferences, which let's you set the store into fullscreenmode.