What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why jailbreak the ipad?

pego99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It seems easy to do but I can't see the big gain. Can the itunes store still be used? So I can now use the cydia store but what is there to make this all worthwhile?

I have 64Gig WiFi unit.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
It seems easy to do but I can't see the big gain. Can the itunes store still be used? So I can now use the cydia store but what is there to make this all worthwhile?

I have 64Gig WiFi unit.

there are not really many reasons.

There are a few apps that are worth installling like SBSettings to gain quick access to changing settings without exiting an app.

3G unristrictor - lets you full an app that your using Wifi when your actually using 3G. This means no download size limit from the app store and apps that only work on wifi will work on 3G.

and then there is the app that turns your ipad into a portable wifi hotspot allowing all wifi devices around you to gain internet access of the ipads 3G.

But besides that there are a few things here and there that some people may want and others wont. developers sometimes alsoapps that apple has rejected sometimes will then show up in cydia so that their efforts in making the app dont completely go to waist.

Isenguard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Using iFile, MxTube, and emulators was enough for me to need to jail break it. And potentially several thousand other reasons but that's a different topic...

muyoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the better question is why not jailbreak it? I don't see a downside. The inability to multitask to ME, renders the device next to useless. I have music playing in the background with IM programs running, browsing the web, its great.

Most reactions

Latest posts