What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad2 5.0

Stue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi There

Ive just tried to update my ipad 2 64gig 3g WiFi from the Itunes store, but its recommeded me to update to 5.0.1 , i really dont want to do this and it possible to update to 5.0.

Currently i have 4.2.1 on my ipad 2 and cant see now any reason to stay on this firmware, is there anybody who could tell me where i could get the right file to be downloaded please so i can update to 5.0

Kind Regards

Stu:)

OP
S

Stue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Found the right firmware but getting this error "could not be updated an unkown error occurred (3002)

Please any help

OP
S

Stue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you for the reply,

i followed the failsafe method, put my Ipad into DFU mode, but this time i get this error "unkown error 3194" this is driving me mad.:(

OP
S

Stue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
added ip address to my host file

74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com

all working fine whoooop:p

Bubbabyte

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I added that line back to my hosts file and still didnt' help me.. i'm getting the error with or without an apple line in the hosts file. WTF

Bubbabyte

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well that blows..lol I've been trying to upgrade to 5.0 for the last hour and trying to overcome the stupid 3194 error.

OP
S

Stue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I managed to update to 5.0 yesterday around 10am if its unsigned now that was very close in my case.

Most reactions

Latest posts