What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is getting their 3 first?!

k7lvo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, Ontario, CA. Michael, when yours goes east from Portland, mine will go south - to Medford.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
k7lvo said:
Yes, Ontario, CA. Michael, when yours goes east from Portland, mine will go south - to Medford.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Woot! I grew up in Talent! PHS grad '83. I used to be an on-call flight medic with Mercy Flights on the 80s when Medford Ambilance was still around. Worked for extra cash at Bear Creek during holidays. My parents stil live in the hills NW of Sams Valley. And Luigi's Garbage Grinder is still the BOMB!

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

OP
exile

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So... I was curious and decided to track mine again (Nashville, TN hub). It changed from Picked Up to In Transit. Now the activity status is "At Local FedEx Facility"; which usually means they scanned it in and sorted it out in the hub.

Not sure how FedEx is going to get it to me in IL. If they're going to truck it; then Wednesday night load up, en route to Chicago hub by Thursday night; scan, sort out, scan onto truck; out for delivery Friday morning. Or by plane Thursday morning to Ohare to Chicago hub, scan, sort out, scan onto truck; out for delivery Friday morning.

Regardless... It's getting closer! :D

hhqavgun2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ordered yesterday afternoon while the site was still going down or extremely slow. Still processing.​

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
hhqavgun2 said:
Ordered yesterday afternoon while the site was still going down or extremely slow. Still processing.

With the current shipping delays,you are probably looking at shipment by the end of March or the first week in April.

DarrenUK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marked as dispatched on the 10th, marked for delivery on the 16th via UPS however the UPS tracking number is not showing any information. Just waiting for UPS to email me back to see where my package is. Hopefully in the UK already.

BeOurGuestMike

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So..

Last night mine went from Processing to Preparing to Ship.. Still says a delivery of March 16 via Standard Shipping..

Should I be worried that it won't be here Friday since it was stuck on Processing so long?

Thanks!

Mike

jags

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I pre-ordered it at around 2.00 PM PST on Mar 7th. Got the confirmation email in the next hour or so on the same day, ordered a white 16GB wifi with engraving. Still showing the same status prpearing for shipment and a dilivery on 16th March message. No shipment email yet. So equally excited, I am confident Apple will deliver on time...

Wildfire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mine is stuck at FedEx in Nashville. Not "in transit" yet but it shows that delivery will be by 3 pm CDT Friday. Also says something like standard overnight delivery. Looks as if they're keeping it in Nashville at least until tomorrow so that I won't get it before Friday. I think once I have it I take a look at one of the Apple Stores in San Antonio to pity the people standing in line only to be told (perhaps) that they ran out of them...

Wildfire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Good question. Seems reasonable since they have to take it out of the box or engrave it before putting it in the box.

I wanted to have mine engraved too but decided against it in case I want to return it (unlikely) or sell it later when the next version comes out maybe next year.

i live in Bellevue, WA. So is engraving taking more time?

jags

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh yeah I am against the idea of engraving,unless you want to stick to it for alteast couple of years. but my girl wanted it engraved....its her bday gift... so its her choice.

jags

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the response.
Good question. Seems reasonable since they have to take it out of the box or engrave it before putting it in the box.

I wanted to have mine engraved too but decided against it in case I want to return it (unlikely) or sell it later when the next version comes out maybe next year.

Wildfire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can't argue with that. I'm sure you'll have a great birthday celebration.
BTW I bought mine because my wife made me do it LOL The same goes for guns. They are needed for our protection:)

Oh yeah I am against the idea of engraving,unless you want to stick to it for alteast couple of years. but my girl wanted it engraved....its her bday gift... so its her choice.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wildfire said:
Can't argue with that. I'm sure you'll have a great birthday celebration.
BTW I bought mine because my wife made me do it LOL The same goes for guns. They are needed for our protection:)

Yes,for protection against those dastardly villains who might try to steal your iPad 3.

Most reactions