What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How iPad 2 shipping from APPLE ONLINE works

Reaction score
Devyn Quinn said:
I never order any electronic online. I wait until I can buy it personally, within a 100 mile range. That way if there is an issue it can be returned or exchanged same day.

That is irrelevant. You can exchange any Apple bought product at any AppleStore, regardless of whether it was bought online or from an Apple Store.

the apple store (today) told me if I bought online, I need to return via FED EX. Apple emailed the labels to me ( no return cost) and return to a fed ex store.

Yes, we mixed up the terms there quite a bit. So let's look at what is possible with online purchase and what not.

-in case of a defect, you can take the iPad to any Genius Bar and they will fix it, even if it was bought online
-if you want to exchange the iPad, i.e. change the model for more memory, etc. then you have to send the iPad back, the AppleStores will not exchange iPads bought online.
-if you want a refund, you will also need to ship the iPad back.

But considering the first point will be the most important one for most users, is there little to no disadvantage for ordering online.

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a mall 10 minutes from me that has an Apple Store. I called a few days ago and asked if they had any in stock. She obviously said no.

So I asked her what was the best way to find out: "should I just call every day or so".

She said the best way is to get to the store at 8am...Stand outside of the store for an hour until the workers get there, and ask them if any shipments arrived. Then wait another hour until the store actually opens at 10am.
:D:D

That is exactly the same response I got from one of our local apple stores (except they said people line up at 7am)

I offered to have them write up the sale, charge my discover card in full and then call me whenever it got there and they flat out refused.

~John

BigTex71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was reading some of the threads here regarding shipping directly from apple.com.

Seems like at first Apple puts the worst case shipping scenario (say 4 weeks) and then they update it to a closer time (say 2 weeks)...This was for the March buyers when shipping was 3 to 4 weeks.

Anyways, I ordered mine yesterday and shipping times are estimated 1-2 weeks. So Apple puts 2 weeks as my estimated shipping date (maximum time).

I'm hoping they will update maybe early next week and instead of May 9th being my ship date it will say May 3 or something like that.

Anyone order one within the last 2 weeks that got theirs early? How has your experience been?
:ipad-peacock:

My wife ordered mine last week and it is also slated for a May 9th delivery. :(

Last edited:

felbou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered my iPad on April 1st and only got it today ! It was worth the wait ! :D

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I returned an iPad 2 at an Apple store after ordering online. They issued me a gift card, which I then applied to another online order, for an iPad 2 with more GBs. I called before I went to the store and was told I could return it there. I got to the store and an Apple guy said I had to send it back. I told him I'd called ahead, so he checked with a manager. Turns out he was wrong.

I could've used my gift card in the store, too. I went there on the off chance that they had an iPad on hand to exchange.

My online order is supposed to take two more weeks, for a total of four weeks. Arrival is set for May 16. I got one at Best Buy last week, though, after putting myself on a waiting list with a $100 gift card. They called me when it arrived in the morning and held it till my husband was able to pick it up after work. I haven't decided whether to cancel my online order. I might sell it to someone I know at cost.

Last edited:

NYC Adam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jmorton10 said:
I doubt anybody who has been waiting a month or so to receive one would agree with this statement.

~John

I mean the production process and business model. As I stated in my original post, except for launches because they do not know just how well a launch will go, how many they will sell and there was nothing to base an educated guess on.

Hup55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered mine on April 7th and it arrived this past Friday on the 28th. So that was exactly 3 weeks. It was hard waiting that long. I tried every apple store around the city with no luck what so ever.

OP
T

thegreatgate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered mine on April 7th and it arrived this past Friday on the 28th. So that was exactly 3 weeks. It was hard waiting that long. I tried every apple store around the city with no luck what so ever.

Mine still has a May 9th ship date (estimated 1-2 weeks from order) which would be exactly 2 weeks from the date of my order...It has been a full week and not to bad so far...

I can probably wait another week but am crossing my fingers that by Tuesday I will get an updated shipping date and hopefully I can get it by Saturday the 7th instead of Wednesday the 11th which is when apple says it will be delivered...

Then again it would really suck if they backdate my order!!! :ipad-keyboard:

Hup55

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Mine still has a May 9th ship date (estimated 1-2 weeks from order) which would be exactly 2 weeks from the date of my order...It has been a full week and not to bad so far...

I can probably wait another week but am crossing my fingers that by Tuesday I will get an updated shipping date and hopefully I can get it by Saturday the 7th instead of Wednesday the 11th which is when apple says it will be delivered...

Then again it would really suck if they backdate my order!!! :ipad-keyboard
They didn't up date my ship date until the day it left China. I was surprised though that it only took 2 days to get to my front door from the factory half way around the world.

Most reactions

Latest posts