What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is getting their 3 first?!

Todd M

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my tracking # this morning. The details came up this afternoon. It says it's been picked in Nashville with a delivery date of March 12 :confused:

ETA: I didn't see it at first, but at the bottom of the tracking page, it says "future delivery requested". So I guess they will hold it at the local FedEx office and deliver on Friday.

Exact same thing on the FedEx page for both of the ones I ordered. Makes sense, although it's weird that some are coming from China and some are already in the States. :eek:

Slimseven

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After ordering at 7:30 pm eastern time on the 7th the apple on line store almost immediately charged and removed the $634. From my visa. I was very glad. The expected emails / receipt showed up and then this morning an email from them indicated " your item is on its way to you ". Wow. Great I thought , but the delivery date still indicates FedEx , march 16. I'm wondering if my feeling that it will show up sooner is that unreasonable. Are there members here thinking 3rd gen iPads will arrive at locations at different times. FedEx might cause some to arrive a bit later (17th) but is earlier than the 16th out of the realm of possibility ? Either way next week is going to feel like such a long wait. Tracking number brings me to the statement " no information for this delivery at this time bla bla. I'm thinking FedEx might be bogged down and will slowly release revised arrival estimates. Being way down here in the Keys it seems everything get done slower. I could be fishing and hear FedEx ring my doorbell an that's wright where the heck I'm gonna be.

Last edited:

bzbmum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After ordering at 7:30 pm eastern time on the 7th the apple on line store almost immediately charged and removed the $634. From my visa. I was very glad. The expected emails / receipt showed up and then this morning an email from them indicated " your item is on its way to you ". Wow. Great I thought , but the delivery date still indicates FedEx , march 16. I'm wondering if my feeling that it will show up sooner is that unreasonable. Are there members here thinking 3rd gen iPads will arrive at locations at different times. FedEx might cause some to arrive a bit later (17th) but is earlier than the 16th out of the realm of possibility ? Either way next week is going to feel like such a long wait. Tracking number brings me to the statement " no information for this delivery at this time bla bla

Nope, I don't think anyone will be receiving it early since Apple has held shipment back to be delivered exactly on launch date. Even if it arrives early, it will be sitting at your local Fedex/UPS facilities until the given delivery date (16th). My UPS tracking says my package has been shipped, still in China & will arrive on 16th by end of day.

Lyndon23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Guys & Gals, first post here! I'm in Scotland, UK. I sold my White iPad 2 32gb WiFi about 4 weeks ago in prep for the new launch (been really missing her though!) I thought I'd chime in with my current order status: This time I pre-ordered a Black 64gb WiFi/4G @ approx. 08:00hrs on Thursday 8th. I noticed that my order status has updated overnight from 'Processing Items: Delivers on March 16' to 'Preparing for Shipment: Delivers on March 16'. Hope everything stays on-track for a launch day delivery on the 16th. Thanks for all the info on iPF, great community and I've picked up SO many tricks and tips - well done!!!

gabarney3928

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, everyone has to say "delivery on the 16th". Isn't THAT a given, as it's the first day of availability! You WON'T get it sooner!

HappyPelican

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There was speculation that a few iPads may be delivered a day or two earlier. If I remember correctly, same thing happened with the iPad2........one can only hope, right!!!!!!

OP
exile

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just tracked mine.

Fedex Overnight - location: Nashville, TN (future request delivery)

so mine is being held at the Nashville hub and will be en route to Illinois probably Thursday morning.

Slimseven

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Todd M said:
Exact same thing on the FedEx page for both of the ones I ordered. Makes sense, although it's weird that some are coming from China and some are already in the States. :eek:

Yes, mine has displayed the same thing as of Friday night. This means you can expect to be getting it , well ,as fast as FedEx can go from Nashville to your home town. I am located in the Fl Keys so I expect to see great progress in the next 24 hours. Monday morning should offer the final delivery info. Just about in your hands my friend.

sunking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My order updated to shipped and lists it in Middletown, Pa, not too far from where I live. Looks like Friday will be a good day! I am scheduled to work from home on Friday but I might just request off for the day!

Ingoiolo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Preordered today, and it will not be with me before April 10 :(

Ps: I live in London, not in An oasis in the middle of the Sahara

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pollock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My latest update from FedEx says my iPad 3 is leaving Tennessee which is usually only 2 days from my home in Louisiana. Will FedEx hold it until Friday or will I get it sooner?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My latest update from FedEx says my iPad 3 is leaving Tennessee which is usually only 2 days from my home in Louisiana. Will FedEx hold it until Friday or will I get it sooner?

If the launch is the same as for previous launches, the iPads will be held at your local center for delivery on Friday. Apple will have ensured the shippers don't deliver early cause they want everyone to get the iPads on release day, not early.

Just keep your fingers crossed it'll be an early morning delivery - but I'd be shocked if the shippers overruled Apple and delivered any earlier than Friday.

Marilyn

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
:(
Mine still says order being processed.... (it has not been shipped yet....)

However it still says "Delivers on March 16 via Next Day Shipping"

I placed my order at around 3:30PM on March 7th.

Last edited:

Most reactions